News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Scale Montains and Hills

Started by bigjoe11a, September 03, 2012, 09:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjoe11a

Guys. I just created my 1st Montain and I wanted to see what you guys think. The photo is below

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?sqd1k6gl7lhw3ro

I wanted to see if any one mite have some ideas on what to add to it. What else can I do before I move on to some thing else.

Doneldon

bj-

Well, God does a better job but you've got a great start. I'd suggest adding some material to make the mountain less symetrical and less like a plunked down tunnel. You can probably keep the lower line looking like a handsome, grand tunnel portal but add some irregularity and crags to the upper reaches. Overall ... an outstanding effort, especially for a first try. You'll have no trouble turning what you have into a real eye catcher once you paint and scenic your creation. Congratulations!
                                                       -- D

rogertra

I'll add to what Don said below and I'd suggest next time you do NOT use that awful Styrofoam packing as a base for scenery.  As you can tell, it makes a real mess.

You need to use extruded ridge polystyrene, the blue or pink stuff used in home insulation.  Yes, it's still a little messy but nothing like that beaded white Styrofoam that you used.