News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

dynamis

Started by full maxx, September 07, 2012, 03:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

full maxx

I'm having issues wit my dynamis controller...at random engines will speed up to full throttle and sometimes they will stop in other words the controller is controlling its self.
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

jward

have you tried disabling the analog feature in those locomotives? this would involve reprogramming cv29.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

full maxx

look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

Bucksco

Check the batteries in the handheld - sounds like a weak signal.

jward

anaolg conversion is a setting in the decoder which allow a dcc locomotive to operate on dc layouts. it's a nice feature, in theory.
in practice, sometimes when a dcc system is first turned on, and the decoders "wake up" they respond to the analog rather than their digital address.      in this case, the decoder is reading the full dcc voltage across the rails as a speed command, and the locomotive takes off at top speed, oblivious to any commands that you may send it. you have to turn off the command station to stop them.     the solution is to disable the analog festure so that the decoder only respnds to commands to its address.   

this is done by reprogramming cv29 in the decoder. if your command station is capable, read back the value of cv29, subtract 8 and reprogram the new calue to cv29.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Ken G Price

Quote from: Yardmaster on September 07, 2012, 07:32:19 PM
Check the batteries in the handheld - sounds like a weak signal.
I have had these problems also when the batteries are low.
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/