News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Brazilian Baldwin 60 cm locomotives

Started by Kevin S., September 18, 2012, 09:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin S.

Very interesting post on the Narrow Gauge Discussion Forum.

Check this out.

Some really nice looking Baldwins - great kitbashing ideas!

http://ngdiscussion.net/phorum/read.php?1,225732

Skarloey Railway

Nice link, Kevin. The 2-4-0 especially is ridiculously cute and not disimilar from some Bachmann Forney bashes.

Bachmann's o/s frame 4-4-0, the connie and both mallets would look rather more at home on this kind of RR than they do on model RRs set in the US.

Hamish K

Lovely locos, thanks Kevin for posting. I want that 2-4-0!

The 2-6-2t converted to a 2-6-0 looks as though it would be at home in Maine. These are typical Baldwin locos for 2 foot and thirty inch gauge lines (or their metric equivalents) and could be found in many parts of the world including  Australia (Puffing Billy) South Africa, Mexico, Brazil, even the UK (Lynn in Large Scale is a Baldwin 2-4-2t that ran in England). In the US Maine, as mentioned, and Hawaii (A 30 inch gauge 2-6-2t  similar to the ones here). The existing Bachmann 2-8-0, 4-4-0s and articulated locos are other examples of the same family.

Which leads me to make another plea for Bachmann to make a 2-6-2 along these lines, either a tank or tender version, or preferably both. A tender version would be similar to Maine locos (if not identical) and a tank version which would be similar to Puffing Billy (in Australia), the Hawaiian loco, these Brazillian ones and some others. Make the 2-4-0 as well and I would be really happy! (Too much to expect, I know)

Hamish