News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

have a suitcase full of 20?? year old trains

Started by gordo, August 04, 2007, 04:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAM

What it is  worth depends alot on what it is.  How much you can get for it is depends on how bad some one wants it. 

Frog Pulling Team

LD303
Is it just me or am I seeing a Train with a face on your picture and text thing.

Jim Banner

If you are using Firefox, just right click on the image then select "view image."  This will show LD303's picture full size.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

The Old Fardt

Looks like someone got their knickers in a knot...
This goes on all the time at various train chat sites and if one decides to quit everyone one of them, they would have nowhere to go.
Ride with the tide but if you half to go, see ya.

TOF

bevernie

Quote from: The Old Fardt on August 21, 2007, 07:37:04 PM
Looks like someone got their knickers in a knot...
This goes on all the time at various train chat sites and if one decides to quit everyone one of them, they would have nowhere to go.
Ride with the tide but if you half to go, see ya.

TOF
NOW YER TALKIN'!! I knew there wuz a ALABAMA FAN out there!! Dat's right!! ROLL TIDE!! ... don't zactly know whut it haz t' do wit dis scussion, but... ROLL TIDE!! 'Couse dis'll probly be scenserd, too, but... ROLL TIDE!!
                                                                                         THANX!!
                                                                                           Ernie
                                                                                Hendersonville, NC
                                                                             (by way of ALABAMA!!)
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

SteamGene

The thing about discussing religion - you want to discuss yours, but not mine.  That's why Mr. B. discards comments. 
If you want to continue, contact me off list.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

the Bach-man

Dear LD 303 and Ernie,
This forum is for discussing model trains and related issues. Politics and religion are not topics that are allowed. This is not censorship; it is our perogative as hosts. Your religious convictions and beliefs may or may not be similar to mine (I know, but I won't tell...); if you want to discuss them, do so at a theology forum.
Kindly confine your discussion here to railroading.
Thanks,
the Bach-man

bevernie

Quote from: the Bach-man on August 21, 2007, 11:04:59 PM
Dear LD 303 and Ernie,
This forum is for discussing model trains and related issues. Politics and religion are not topics that are allowed. This is not censorship; it is our perogative as hosts. Your religious convictions and beliefs may or may not be similar to mine (I know, but I won't tell...); if you want to discuss them, do so at a theology forum.
Kindly confine your discussion here to railroading.
Thanks,
the Bach-man
[/quote\

Well, Mr. B, since you are apparently online, would you please comment on the possibility of a GLORYBOUND TRAIN, that I had mentioned earlier (possibly deleted)??
                                                                                        THANX!!
                                     AND GOODNIGHT!!                        Ernie

the Bach-man

Dear Ernie,
I don't see it happening... I did do a Chapel car for my brother-in-law. There's a book about them, and it might actually be titled _This Train is Bound For Glory_, but I don't recall precisely.
Why not paint one yourself?
Have fun! (and goodnight to you, too!)
the Bach-man

bevernie

Quote from: the Bach-man on August 21, 2007, 11:14:38 PM
Dear Ernie,
I don't see it happening... I did do a Chapel car for my brother-in-law. There's a book about them, and it might actually be titled _This Train is Bound For Glory_, but I don't recall precisely.
Why not paint one yourself?
Have fun! (and goodnight to you, too!)
the Bach-man

For several years, I have considered making one, even going so far as to remove the "CLEMENTINE" from a tender, but that is as far as it has gotten!! Surely, someday, it will happen!!
                                                                                          THANX!!
                                                                                            Ernie
                                                                                 Hendersonville, NC

Guilford Guy

I don't know.  A religious train set might actually hurt sales. If people of a different religion found them making a train set only for another, then they might feel the company was biased...
I don't know. Best bet is to make your own.
Alex

Doneldon

Several folks have mentioned ebay and I'd agree with that.  First, though, you might try to get a ball-park idea of value by searching for your items on ebay.  Think of the best words which apply, perhaps include model numbers, and be sure to search the listings, not just the titles.  You won't find everything but some things will turn up to give you a starting point.