Golden Memories F3 Paint request

Started by stationmaster12, September 21, 2012, 11:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stationmaster12

Hey Mr. Bachman How about a set of F-3's in the ACL Purple paint scheme. I really like the classic F-3 look, and I'd love to see them in that paint scheme. I know you offer the F-7 in that scheme, but I do not really like these. And how about an NW-2 as well please in ACL purple!!Thanks!!
Keep God first in all that you do.

M1FredQ

I second it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hat classic "purple" paint scheme is a classic.

stationmaster12

Here is a pic of the Lionel version...I'd love to see Williams bring thm out. WBB locos are better in my opinion!!! Please make them!!!
Keep God first in all that you do.

raider409

Wouldn't be great if WBB would put out a poling of what we as potential buyers would like as far as road names go for all their models, and then take the top 10 request and produce them? 

Steve

phillyreading

Steve,

I agree with you, let Bachmann do a survey to see what the potential buyers want!
Or do a pre-order to what what may sell.

Most companies that do model trains tend to model the top three or four railroads of all time. Pennsylvania had a few less-well known railroads that were started anywhere from 10 to 40 years before the Pennsy got started in 1867, and were larger players then the Pennsy was.

Lee F.

raider409

Maybe the Bach-man or 3rail could toss this around and comment. 

Steve

raider409

I know that WBB have the F7's in ACL purple and the C&O in the high wave blue and yellow schemes, but that square nose just kills the appearance and takes away any resemblance to the proto types.

Steve

r0gruth

Roger

M1FredQ

In this day and time with the economy tittering on imploding, I think a lot of industries are not going to take BIG risks. With that said I like the idea of pre-orders. Send out e-mails post on
line or on this site and get an idea of who wants to commit.

I think ACl is a winner all around. In my travels regularly to Florida, Illinois, California, Michigan,
New York and Georgia I have Hobby Shops I like to visit when I travel. ACL seems to be a well talked about and popular rail line.

i personally am smitten with that purple colour. There are old timers I talk to that remember the ACL from New York to Ft Lauderdale. he rail station in Ft Lauderdale is still there(?) I think it's
the original.

i am always looking for a deal BUT if WBB decided to do a limited run on ACL and got the Purple right I would pay the retail asking price without hesitation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

raider409

Roger, If you place the F7's next to the F3's you'll see what I mean about the square nose on the F7's. Add that they use a rounded pilot, it really makes the nose stick out.

Steve

DominicMazoch

M1FredQ

F-3's ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cobrabob8

AGAIN...
PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD F3s in Brunswick Green w/ single stripe and also in Tuscan Red w/ five stripes.
PLEASE!!!!!!!!
Cobrabob.
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

Cobrabob8

By The Way...
I can't wait to see the Erie R.R. units!
Any pictures yet Mr. Bach-Man???
Cobrabob.
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

r0gruth

Quote from: raider409 on September 27, 2012, 07:47:23 AM
Roger, If you place the F7's next to the F3's you'll see what I mean about the square nose on the F7's. Add that they use a rounded pilot, it really makes the nose stick out.

Steve

These are opinions.Alco and FMs had square noses.
Roger