News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Quick Question About Truck Wheels

Started by SteveWard3928, September 24, 2012, 11:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveWard3928

I bought a new 4-6-0. The current 4-6-0 had a loose wire so I took the bottom off the locomotive and I am now putting the bottom back on.  Does anyone have a photo of the truck spring and washers?
I put the spring on the truck and then sit the bottom on the truck and spring. I then put the washer and screw on. What is happening is the spring rides up into the opening for the truck wheels and that cuts down on the movement of the truck (hope I explained that ok). 
Do I put the washer on top of the spring to prevent this?  If so how do I stop the screw from going through the truck opening.
Does it use 2 washers and I just did not notice it?
I should have taken a photo before I took it apart.
     :-\
S&S

Gonna get blamed for it...you might as well do it!!

Loco Bill Canelos

Steve, Hard to say, is your new 4-6-0 a big hauler or an annie?  Best you look at your new one to fix the old one.  Also I am not sure what you mean by truck!!  Pictures would help.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

BillBrakeman

Bill, I think he is talking about the lead "truck".

The following link will take you to the "Exploded Diagram" of the Anniversary locomotive:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/81099.pdf

The diagram shows two washers, one, I believe, is fiber, the other is metal.  The fiber washer has two notches for the wires to fit through, while the metal washer has two holes for thewires to go through.  The metal washer, I think, goes on top of the frame, the fiber underneath.

My Anny has experienced to many accidents, repairs & modifications for me to be really sure, but I think what I have written is correct.

Bill