Paurchasing E-Z Track before it's glued to roadbed

Started by Dbmtrackside, September 24, 2012, 04:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dbmtrackside

This question right to the Bachmann I suppose.   I would like to purchase various E-Z track items in HO and N but would like to know if I can buy the track and roadbed unglued?   I was able to take the track off the roadbed of a piece of 18" radius NS in HO.   I enhanced the roadbed to make it look as if it was on real stone ballast.   The reason I ask is as an active duty military person I move around a lot and during moves, the ballast on your layout will be lost. (I found out in 2004 going from NJ to Germany)

i.e. Can I buy (aka special order from the factory) a bulk box of 36" HO straights without the track glued to the roadbed?   I am on to something that maybe Bachmann would like to see as it blows the competition out of the water. ;) 
D.B.M....
Nobody ever told you, how dark the sky could turn from blue
Nobody ever sold you, on more than one mistake
Nobody ever told you, how deep the water gets when you jump in !!!!

Jhanecker2

DBM  :   I believe  the  track sleepers  are molded  on to the road  bed on E-Z track .  At least this is my experience with  HO  scale  E-Z  track .  If you are looking  for roadbed less track ,  you are going to have to consider  Atlas  Code 100  , Peco Code 100 . or Shinara Code 100  .  Bachmann  did make  bedless  Code 100 but that was prior  to E-Z Track and  long long ago  .   The reason I know is I have a few pieces  that I received from  my  brother in law  some  time ago.  Hopefully  this helps.   The problem  is changing or making new production  molds is a very pricey operation  and the molds  aren't even in this country nor is the production equipment .  J2.

the Bach-man

Dear DBM,
The track is sonic welded to the roadbed, and the factory cannot do special orders.
Sorry!
the Bach-man

NarrowMinded

DMB,

When I build layouts for younger kids I sometimes cut road bed from wood and router the edges at an angle I seal it and spray it with texture coating out of a can and it looks great with regular track and or flextrack.

Maybe you can use your technique on some wood or plastic self made road bed, it could be cheaper in the long run.

NM-Jeff