News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-10-0?

Started by union pacific 844, September 25, 2012, 06:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

union pacific 844

what does  a 2-10-0 run on 18" Radius or 22" Radius? ??? ???

richg

I did a quick search of the Bachmann forums and it can run on 18 inch radius.
BUT, your mileage might vary.

Rich

Doneldon

844-

There is a reason that most locomotive manufacturers don't put a minimum radius in their product listings: Minimum radius is somewhat
unpredictable. Almost anyone on this board can give you an example of a particular locomotive which handles 18" radius or whatever on
one layout but not another or two models by the same manufacturer, one of which will work at a given curve while the identical model
will not. So ... minimum radius is only suggestive, not conclusive.
                                                                                                   -- D

jward

it would also greatly depend on the size of the 2-10-0 you are talking about.  a bachmann russian decapod is tiny compared to a bowser pennsy I1. as the russian is a small locomotive, it should do fine on 18r.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

union pacific 844

bachmann 2-10-0 i was just wondering i have one loop of 18" radius and one loop of 22" radius

jward

try it out on the 18r, if it doesn't work run it on the 22r.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Thomas1911

For what its worth, I have two Russian 2-10-0's and both will run on my 18"R curves with no problems.

richg

Quote from: Doneldon on September 25, 2012, 07:50:38 PM
844-

There is a reason that most locomotive manufacturers don't put a minimum radius in their product listings: Minimum radius is somewhat
unpredictable. Almost anyone on this board can give you an example of a particular locomotive which handles 18" radius or whatever on
one layout but not another or two models by the same manufacturer, one of which will work at a given curve while the identical model
will not. So ... minimum radius is only suggestive, not conclusive.
                                                                                                   -- D

Some have 18" radius and bad track work and try to blame the loco. I have seen that before. It does not take much to derail a loco.

Rich

union pacific 844

i never had a loco derail  ;D

electrical whiz kid

When will you start running your stuff?
RICHIEc .

union pacific 844

i try to run my trains ever day why?
???

Doneldon

844-

I could be wrong but I think EWK was being sarcastic.

-- D

electrical whiz kid

No, just funny.  have a good day, all.