News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

parts sold out gs 4-8-4

Started by utdave, September 26, 2012, 03:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

utdave

i have the SP 4-8-4  which broke a rod  and wheel sliped on gear wheel .   asking are they restocking this. its sold out  on your parts list   Chassis w/Drive Wheel Assy (GS4 4-8-4) (HO Scale).  i bought it at a local place that sells bachman products and havent found the reciept yet to have warranty work  and hate to do that since i added a sound decoder to the tender .  any ideas what to do   send it back for the warranty without tender .  i can just fix it myself if i had the part      hate for me to put that passager train on a side rail for to long or just go ahead and box it up till i can get a part    any ideas anyone
  dave

BaltoOhioRRfan

Quote from: utdave on September 26, 2012, 03:47:28 AM
i have the SP 4-8-4  which broke a rod  and wheel sliped on gear wheel .   asking are they restocking this. its sold out  on your parts list   Chassis w/Drive Wheel Assy (GS4 4-8-4) (HO Scale).  i bought it at a local place that sells bachman products and havent found the reciept yet to have warranty work  and hate to do that since i added a sound decoder to the tender .  any ideas what to do   send it back for the warranty without tender .  i can just fix it myself if i had the part      hate for me to put that passager train on a side rail for to long or just go ahead and box it up till i can get a part    any ideas anyone
  dave

As it appears the GS4 is still a production model, they may just be temoraraily out of stock. Best to give em a call to find out for sure.

Side Note: If they are going to be out for a while, put the engine on a shop track if you have one, many railroads had a line full of engines needing service.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

union pacific 844

what dcc  sp 4-8-4 war bay, daylight ,freedom ?

J3a-614

You might want to check to see if Santa Fe or New York Central counterparts to what you need are available.  Like the prototypes, the driver spacing for "modern" steam engines (which is to say almost anything with a trailing truck) is the same for a given wheel size (an 80-inch driver in this case), and as I recall, the interior parts--the weights, the drivers, the motor, etc.--are interchangeable, or at least look to be so.

Just hoping this might be an option. . .

union pacific 844

i know  my gs4 Sp 4-8-4 war baby has the some wheels as the NYC 4-8-4

utdave

i did look at all those steam they had  and different part numbers  or just different color scheme.
i do have and area where i have broken busted up old tyco /bachmann steams/ collector pancake motors    maybe even to many of those old timers i played with 40 years ago . worthless  to others  but great for a museum.   i did just put in back in a box for now and i hooked up the freedom steam without sound .   and  i do use DCC on everything   and modifie alot of old tycos  F7  to the modern bachmanns  which isnt very hard at all.  rock island ,southern pacific ,midnight special,spirit of 76. and some others that i used when i was younger .  i do have a big pile of Fb shells of bachmann from the 8 wheel drive that i bought from ebay for a low price.    i was glad to bring back some of my old locos to be able to pull and be DCC