News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thank you, Bachmann!

Started by LDBennett, September 28, 2012, 10:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LDBennett

I bought a "J" N gage steam locomotive to run on my grandson's little layout and had problems. It seems there is a difference in the turn radius specs between the product page on the web page and the 2012 Catalog as downloaded from this web site. The catalog says 11.25 inches and the web product page says 19 inches. It would not run on my grandson's Bachman track 11.25 inch turns and switches without derailing.

I pointed this out to Bachmann by email, showing them copies of the specs from their site and the catalog. They called immediately stating that the loco should negotiate the turns but maybe not the switches. They offered a different replacement suggesting that a diesel would be a better choice for my grandson's small layout (I sent a picture of it so they could see that it was basically done and not big enough for larger radius switches and track). All the track and switches are Bachmann.

Bachmann's Laura was very nice and offered to send out a diesel, the GM DASH 8-40C which I picked out. Laura insisted that I not send back the "J" until we verify that the diesel works fine on my grandson's layout. I was happy with their response and Laura's attitude about the whole matter. She and Bachmann came through for my grandson!

Thank you Laura and Bachmann!

LDBennett