Books about Williams Trains

Started by coolwaldo, September 29, 2012, 09:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolwaldo

Does anyone know of a book about about the history of Williams Trains. Thanks!
Be happy. Play with your trains.

Joe Satnik

Dear CW,

Well, early history, anyway.  (c1987)

isbn     0897780620  

If you are a subscriber to any of the Kalmbach magazines you can access this list of W/WBB magazine articles (mostly "Classic Toy Trains") back to 1990.

http://trc.trains.com/Train%20Magazine%20Index.aspx?view=SearchResults&q=williams+electric+trains+

If I recall correctly, Williams didn't maintain a library of old catalogs, so getting a complete set of catalogs to build a history would be a challenge.  

I value the 7 catalogs (booklets and folded posters from 2003 to 2005) that I received through the mail.  

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

phillyreading

About the best type of catalog or brochure on Williams trains was their sale papers like Joe Satnik describes, even before 2001 Williams only had a small fold-up brochure about their products.
Bachmann now has a catalog on Williams.

Not sure if any company does a price guide. To the best of my knowledge there is no paperback guide for Williams. Maybe Kalmbach Publishing, the company that produces Greenberg guides will do a Williams guide sometime.

What I have seen is on Choo Choo Auctions website, www.choochooauctions.com ,
under the price guide for O gauge trains, click on Williams. It gives you many of the Williams items numbers and what they sold for.

Lee F.