News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Turntable Shorts out Switches

Started by calleyFan, December 06, 2012, 08:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calleyFan

Hi,
I have the HO Scale Tidmouth Sheds roundhouse with turntable on a DCC layout. We have the mainline split from one track into five sidings and then link onto the turntable. The track operates fine when it's on the centre track, but when it turns to another track it causes a short circut. We installed a Digitrax AR1 and it still did the same thing. We then replaced the Powerloc switch that was shorting out with an Atlas switch. There was no more short circut, but all the Powerloc switches started buzzing.

Could somebody help me solve this problem? Is it the turntable or Powerloc switches?

Thanks.

Jerrys HO

calley

Do you have the main feeding into the fourth track as described in the instructions?
Are you feeding the other sidings with powered tracks from the main? If so this could be your problem as the Bachmann TT is designed to recieve power from the fourth track ONLY.
All other sidings would have to be isolated from the TT and set up like a block control if they are connected to any other powered section of track.
I do not know if the manual TT that comes with the Tidmouth shed is set up the same as the DCC TT offered without the shed but if it is there is no need for the AR1 as the TT does the revering automatically.

Check your track and the manual that came with your unit. I have the DCC TT not the manual one so I can only assume it may be set up the same way.

You may try posting this question in the Thomas section as I have heard other's that say they have the one in question.

Jerry