News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spare part 4-6-0 chassis on offer

Started by grippa, March 30, 2013, 08:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grippa

Hi
may I ask if the spare part chassis for the 4-6-0 steamer are the new type with the all metal gearbox or the variant that was available previously for the Anniversary series.
Many thanks
Here is an example
Loco Chassis (G 4-6-0)
$125.00  $50.00
Save: 60% off
Model: CH-81097

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi,
Sorry but they are not. The ones for $50 are all version 5 Anniversary chassis 81097 would be the chassis for Item number 81097 D&RG Anniversary 4-6-0 with metal Stephenson valve gear and the woodburner chassis with the long pilot(cowcatcher).  The 30 dollar ones are also version 5, but have the plastic drivers.  The numbers CH 80197 stand for in this case the chassis for Item number 81097. In other cases the CH number is the chassis for a specific set number. 

These chassis are a great buy at these prices!!

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

grippa

Hi Bill, thanks for the info. Yes I suspected that they might be series 5 as I expect that Bachmann will be shedding these as the new gearbox version is now the current one.
But, as you say, they are good value. We in UK have to factor in the shipping and 20% import duries on top of the cost (item+shipping) though.

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi, Glad to help.   Ouch, the shipping and those taxes do hurt!!  Cheers & Beers, Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!