News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 'Arry and Bert thread

Started by TrainFan97, February 11, 2013, 05:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasj219

I hope they don't make Rosie before characters like Oliver, Rosie's all well and good but at the end of the day...she's still Rosie.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Fergusfan17

When are we supposed to get the announcement?

seanrail

Fergusfan, we are due to get the announcement at this years toy fair on February 16th to 19th.

Chaz

Quote from: JD417 on January 08, 2014, 07:10:25 AM

And this here, I'm very happy to know about, and share with you guys, is that The Bach-man reads EVERY post here on the forms, and puts the information we give, such as the next engine we want to see in a range, or like if something doesn't work properly, he puts into consideration to produce or fix. So every time someone puts Oliver, and BoCo or Rosie, and Whiff, that adds up to see if it would be worth it to make.

And on about what they do for the HO range now, They said they want to produce at least one engine and a rolling stock piece a year, I put in that Toad and Oliver would be perfect, seeing as we have our other Great western, and I also mentioned the Bolster wagons.

That does sound about right. I also think that hit entertainment also plays a role in deciding what Bachmann should produce and make as well as the manufacturing companies in China that actually produce the models.  So it's clear that the suggestions on the forum have not been ignored, and will hopefully continue to do so, with the hype for Oliver and Toad. ;)

Quote from: JD417 on January 08, 2014, 10:24:14 AM
Oh, and the first guy I talked to said he had someone "Basically yelling at me to make Rosie.." I put in that unless she would get her voice back, that she probably wouldn't do well in a realistic market :P

I could not agree more.  Personally, I do not think a model of her would be that good of a seller just because she isn't too popular with the older fan base (who usually collect the models) and her lack of roles and screen time.  I think engines like Oliver, Arthur, Hiro, or even Paxton would be much better sellers than Rosie.

As far as Arry and Bert's release date goes, I am not entirely convinced that they will be out in the spring due to previous experiences of models being held back due to production.  I am sure though, at the very latest, we will see photos of them (and the other products) in the 2014 catalog. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

PasqualeCS96

I was looking through the catalog at the same train show and I didn't see any new pictures.  :-\

JD417

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on January 08, 2014, 05:09:36 PM
I was looking through the catalog at the same train show and I didn't see any new pictures.  :-\

Yeah, the 2014 catalog isn't going to come out for like another month, the ones there were last years :P

ilovetrains323

My question is why say they are going make something and then not release it until the following year *cough* Duck *cough*
"Duck still wonders about the lands beyond the horizon, but he enjoys being with friends most of all and I think he knows that sometimes the best travels are those we can only dream about."

JD417

Quote from: ilovetrains323 on January 08, 2014, 06:56:19 PM
My question is why say they are going make something and then not release it until the following year *cough* Duck *cough*

Mass production, and demand, is my guess.

therailwayinspector

Time.

How many products do Bachmann make?
A lot.

They can't all be manufactured at once, so every product works like a queue; new models too.
A new model reaches first sample stage by reaching the front of this queue. Whilst that's being reviewed, other products in the queue are made.
When it comes to producing the second sample, that has to go to the back of the queue and wait its turn. That's why we have to wait so long for some products to be restocked and new ones to come- there's just so many products that the queue has a long waiting time.
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

ilovetrains323

Yeah you're right. They have just so much time. :P
"Duck still wonders about the lands beyond the horizon, but he enjoys being with friends most of all and I think he knows that sometimes the best travels are those we can only dream about."