News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Think my DCC board is bad

Started by Mark FL, October 07, 2012, 04:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark FL

I purchased a Bachmann GP-35 from a friens that said it was new. It was still in the box and looked new. After I progrram on the program track and place the engine on the mail track i get a message on my cab that syas "saved data". Is their a way to do a factory reset on the engine or should i just buy a new DCC decoder?
By the way I very much apreachiate all the help from the experianced Train entheusiest here on the Bachmann site.

Ken G Price

For many decoders and systems, but not all, a reset is CV8=8.
The instruction with your system may have info, as well as the web site of the decoder manufacture.
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

Mark FL

Thanks Ken. One thing though. I do not understand what the (=8) represents

jward

what he meant was to do a reset, program cv 8 to 8.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

richg

Quote from: Mark FL on October 07, 2012, 04:38:23 PM

I purchased a Bachmann GP-35 from a friend that said it was new. It was still in the box and looked new. After I program on the program track and place the engine on the mail track i get a message on my cab that says "saved data". Is their a way to do a factory reset on the engine or should i just buy a new DCC decoder?
By the way I very much appreciate all the help from the experienced Train enthusiast here on the Bachmann site.

What is the DCC system? The mail track is a new one for me.

Rich

NarrowMinded

Rich,

most people are smart enough to see it is a typo and is meant as "main" track

NM-Jeff

Mark FL

Sorry for all the typos. My keybord is at fault...

richg

Quote from: Mark FL on October 08, 2012, 09:47:31 AM
Sorry for all the typos. My keybord is at fault...

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Rich

richg

Quote from: NarrowMinded on October 07, 2012, 10:18:51 PM
Rich,

NM-Jeff

That was tongue in cheek I though most would realize. lol

Rich

ChrisS

Quote from: NarrowMinded on October 07, 2012, 10:18:51 PM
Rich,

NM-Jeff
i didn't know what he meant by mail track. And I'm pretty darned smart pal.
With the quality of posts on this forum by folks who bought a "train set" or are from a foreign country with their terrible spelling and grammar, the posts are pretty bad sometimes, it is hard to tell what someone is actually trying to convey.

But, I am glad we have smart experts like you to keep all of us inline.

Doneldon

Mark-

Don't worry about the typo. We all have them sometimes. The comment about it was rude and inappropriate. It certainly didn't seem like it was
in good fun to me. I read it as a deliberately sarcastic put-down. I say that not just because of the comment here; it's part of a familiar pattern.

-- D