Running My Intermountain F7A&B

Started by WGL, October 08, 2012, 03:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WGL

After getting my F7A to run again by having its wheels cleaned, I next had a problem of power to its track being interrupted.  I have 3 concentric tracks, each one wired separately.  The F7A-B runs on the middle track, the only one without a terminal rerailer.  I got a terminal rerailer to make a better connection.  The next problem was that one or another passenger car uncoupled when the train ran on one long side of my oval, but not on the other side.  I have 22" curves, but the uncoupling does not happen on a curve.  I have 4 Bachmann passenger cars about 76' long & 2 Athearn 72' passenger cars bringing up the rear.  Last night, I tried running the train at full throttle.  I'd assumed that running the train faster would only increase uncouplings, but there were no uncouplings during a dozen or so laps!  I'd also assumed that uncoupling would be more likely to occur on curves.  Neither assumption has proved to be true.

Jhanecker2

I am assuming HO Scale track ,  check to make sure that your rails are correctly inserted into their rail clips to make sure your track is not sticking up and loose.  J2

WGL

glennk28

check your track geometry for humps and sags.  Mack sure  couplers are all at the correct height. gj