bachmann web site not indexed by google?

Started by TwinZephyr, October 11, 2012, 04:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwinZephyr

What would be the objective of Bachmann restricting access to their site by search engine robots that crawl the web?  Doing so seems counterproductive for a company selling consumer products.

richg

Probably control spammers and hackers. Not a big deal.
Don't forget, Bachmann forums does not want a lot of discussion of other brands of model railroad products.
Every so often the Bach Man reminds us.
Sometimes a thread is yanked.
Bachmann's choice. I have no problem with this.

Rich

Terry Toenges

I agree with Rich. I imagine the companies that sell Bachmann products are accessible.
Feel like a Mogul.

poliss

It seems very odd to hide yourself when you think of how other company's are in a mad scramble to get Facebook likes.
It's the whole Bachmann website that's not indexed, not just the forum, so if you're searching for products using Google you won't get any results from the Bachmann website.
If you think it's not a big deal, how would you feel if every website did it? You'd never be able to find anything.

fm_tx

I get this site right at the top of a Google search....

Paul

richg

This thread is just a lot of blah, blah, blah for bored people.

Rich

richg

Quote from: poliss on October 13, 2012, 08:01:09 AM
It seems very odd to hide yourself when you think of how other company's are in a mad scramble to get Facebook likes.
It's the whole Bachmann website that's not indexed, not just the forum, so if you're searching for products using Google you won't get any results from the Bachmann website.
If you think it's not a big deal, how would you feel if every website did it? You'd never be able to find anything.

Bachmann is not worried and I could care less. The 'Net will always be searchable. Again, blah, blah, blah.

Rich

poliss