News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Outside Frame 2-8-0 Connie control board

Started by philkeys, October 18, 2012, 11:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philkeys

I'm converting a DCC outside frame 2-8-0 Connie from DCC to battery power.  I have removed the DCC decoder and have her running now on DC track power.

To get ready for battery power and radio control I want to know more about the G814X PCB01 REV. A control board.  Do the electronics on the board do more than to control the flicker LEDs in the firebox?  What is the pinout on the board?  Is a board schematic available?

Thank you for your help.

Tony Walsham

Installing battery R/C into the Connie is a snip. 
I can't help you with information about specific pcb's as I am one of those people who believe in leaving well enough alone and make very few changes to the stock wiring.
If you want a simple basic installation you could try this method:  http://rcs-rc.com/PDF/Acessories/Installation-kits/BIK-CONNIE.pdf
Tony Walsham
Founding member of the battery Mafia.

(Remote Control Systems).

Loco Bill Canelos

Philkeys,
Tony's methods are all great, if this is your first installation I recommend the first method.  It is indeed very simple and I have used a variation of method 1 many years age. This method works perfect with most radio control systems including the Aristo Revolution.  I also use lithium ion batteries for there small size to power ratio and great running time. 

Anyone out there wanting to try Battery/Radio control but who may be afraid to start, the Bachmann Connie is probably the easiest installation I have ever done, and it is also easy to add sound.

Good luck with your installation.

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!