News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

iHobby Show

Started by Rickenbacker 325, October 13, 2012, 05:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickenbacker 325

Shawn

Did you get any pictures of the chuggington concept art?

Rickenbacker 325

Quote from: Shawn on October 14, 2012, 06:36:29 PM
Did you get any pictures of the chuggington concept art?
No sadly, My phone died in the middle of it

Shawn

What did it look like?

Is that all of the brochure?

Rickenbacker 325

I believe they were just the art from the show, the CGI part. The rest of the brochure is the PDF from the beginning of the summer.

Shawn

Ok.  Do you mind if I use a cropped version of the above picture for a youtube video?

Rickenbacker 325

Yes, go ahead. Just as long as you give me credit for it. Not to be picky

shining time

Well the large scale stuff looks good but  still think the chuggington range will be a bad Idea
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

jettrainfan

I actually went to that show today with 2 of my friends (i don't think it was worth the $10 to get in but that's besides the point) and the first thing i said to the one was that the Thomas fans will be mad... and in a way, i was right  :)

Either way, im gonna throw in my two cents... sense i come and go on the Thomas part of the board. The main market for the chuggington model trains is young kids, probably 6-10 range. Believe it or not, this actually might be a good marketing idea. I've only seen 2 full episodes and can tell why kids like it. In a way, it reminded me of the classic Thomas, before all of the "can you find the square?" or "Which engine takes which cars?" stuff came along. The second friend liked the idea and wanted to buy all 3 locos for open houses... this blew my mind actually. Thomas was a smash hit for the 2 open houses i ran him at, before that, I've heard the famous question "where's Thomas?" I've never heard a little kid call out anything else... but after seeing leokinvideo's different reviews, there just may be a market. So lets give these models a chance, and maybe, just maybe, there will be chuggington fans in the Thomas board. It's Thomas & friends for a reason  ;) For the creative folks, this just might be a chance to start chuggington model train series and possible combining of the 2 for model train series. We'll see what time brings, i wish the best to bachmann, and a bright future to these new products.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

Shawn

Quote from: jettrainfan on October 14, 2012, 11:20:14 PM
I actually went to that show today with 2 of my friends (i don't think it was worth the $10 to get in but that's besides the point) and the first thing i said to the one was that the Thomas fans will be mad... and in a way, i was right  :)

Either way, im gonna throw in my two cents... sense i come and go on the Thomas part of the board. The main market for the chuggington model trains is young kids, probably 6-10 range. Believe it or not, this actually might be a good marketing idea. I've only seen 2 full episodes and can tell why kids like it. In a way, it reminded me of the classic Thomas, before all of the "can you find the square?" or "Which engine takes which cars?" stuff came along. The second friend liked the idea and wanted to buy all 3 locos for open houses... this blew my mind actually. Thomas was a smash hit for the 2 open houses i ran him at, before that, I've heard the famous question "where's Thomas?" I've never heard a little kid call out anything else... but after seeing leokinvideo's different reviews, there just may be a market. So lets give these models a chance, and maybe, just maybe, there will be chuggington fans in the Thomas board. It's Thomas & friends for a reason  ;) For the creative folks, this just might be a chance to start chuggington model train series and possible combining of the 2 for model train series. We'll see what time brings, i wish the best to bachmann, and a bright future to these new products.

I am glad someone is finally being positive.  I don't like chuggington,  but these models (considering how well they have been doing w/thomas) will be MIRRORS of what they are on the television series,  and That would be a sight to see

therailwayinspector

Quote from: Rickenbacker 325 on October 13, 2012, 05:57:48 PM

Another thing I asked was how they decided to make the faces for each engine. That was cool to find out.

So what did they say about the faces? Anything about what we can expect from Duck too?

Those photos you got look stunning- really makes me want the Large Scales even more now. Must get a job... or win the lottery- I know which I'd prefer.
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

Cirkit:)

I was just as surprised at the idea of Chuggington in HO.
Might be interesting to see how they do the coupling system, and the coupling rods on Pete(if they do decide to release him).
I would think that the main 3 would be released, plus a small variety of ridiculous rolling stock, a massive caboose, and figurines of the few human characters.
Then, if the range's popularity increased, Pete, Harrison, and possibly Action Chugger most likely would follow.
I'd love to see how they would pull off Action Chugger, or if the eyes on the characters would move like the Thomas engines.

The Large-Scale Thomas items look great, they really nailed Emily's face. Glad to see SCRuffey in a darker grey, and the NW on the brake van is a welcome surprise- glad they're listening!

thomasj219

I could be wrong but I have a feeling the "Chugger" brand will be limited and may fizzle after the second or third year.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: thomasj219 on October 15, 2012, 06:05:51 PM
I could be wrong but I have a feeling the "Chugger brand will be limited and may fizzle after the second year.
I agree, where did you hear that from?