News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

A Suggestion

Started by ebtbob, August 06, 2007, 06:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebtbob

Good Morning all,

I know that the new product announcements are only a few days old but I found the enclosed pic and would suggest that the lead engine would be a nice fit to the On30 line.....
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

epeorus

I agree ... what I would really like to see is a good ten-wheeler!

Jim
The Jemez & Rio Grande, an On30 branch of the Chili Lines.

C.P.R.R. Manager

Excellent suggestion, Bob, count me in.  I have seen some very nice 10-wheelers bashed from the Mogul, and I may give that a try some day.  It's certainly going to be easier to bash the Mogul than any of the newer, mostly metal locos.

Which raises this question: Has Bachmann considered making more "Silver Series" type locomotives, similar to the Mogul?  I'm sure there are manufacturing and money factors, but I would think the Christmas train set and Collector market would be ready for something new.  Not to mention the On30 bashers.  There is a rumor on this board that Bachmann has sold over a million Moguls over the years...  If that's true, it would certainly point to a demand for more lower-cost plastic locos.

James Thomas

I would think the Mogul sold so well because it was the first rtr On30 engine available and was sold in train sets -- not because it was Silver Series, plastic, or cheap.  It was bashed because there was nothing else.

The Spectrum Shay, IMO, is what caused major interest and growth in On30.  It drew a lot of people into On30, and into model railroading. 

While the new 4-4-0 is nice, it won't have the same impact the Shay did.  It is not going to convert railroaders to On30 or draw new railroaders into the hobby.  It is time for another big impact loco; something like a 2-4-4-2 w/tender or an 0-6-6-0.  These would get people excited about On30 and could lead to more new products from other sources.

Let's not go backwards and re-introduce Silver Series products.

Tomcat

Bob, definitely YES for the Engine on the Picture,...
Would be a beauty to have, no question!!!!

But additionally: A Shay, we all want a more modern Shay, don´t we...?
Bachmann owes all the Loggers outside there a Heisler or a Shay....

Cheers, Tom

Royce Wilson

Can you identify the ten wheeler in the photo?

any additional photos?

Hmmmmmm Bachmann HO ten wheeler bashed....maybe............Royce ;D ;D ;D

ksivils

The 10 wheeler pictured is former Alaska Railroad (it once had a narrow gauge division), U.S. Army (it was obtained to run on the White Pass during WW II when the Army operated the White Pass & Yukon Route).  It was owned by a private individual for some time, then sold to the Huckleberry Railroad in Flint, Michigan.

It is a beautiful locomotive.  The people at Huckleberry just recently painted it to its green U.S. Army colors. 

This is also the operation that owns and operates the K-27 464 which they have also done an incredible restoration job on.  My wife hails from Jackson, MI, so whenever we visit in the summer I take a ride at the Huckleberry operation.  Very friendly people as well.

Dusten Barefoot

I wonder if the 10-Wheeler that will be coming out in the future will have some otions, Cabs, Cap stacks, piolets and back heads. I know the B-mann wont make 2 types of 10-Wheelers nor 2 types of mogules, but hey, I can be wrong.

Dusten Barefoot
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

ossygobbin

Re: A Suggestion
« Reply #4 on: Today at 12:29:37 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob, definitely YES for the Engine on the Picture,...
Would be a beauty to have, no question!!!!

But additionally: A Shay, we all want a more modern Shay, don´t we...?
Bachmann owes all the Loggers outside there a Heisler or a Shay....

Cheers, Tom

i dont want a modern shay, SRRL no 24 would be nice tho

shayman

:-* :-* :-* :-*
We do need a newer shay! Shays rule my woods. Still double heading the logs out.

Now if I could get Harry to make it into On30. Yea! Dream on!
Happy Railroading.
      shayman
Logging up Deep Creek

ollie

That is a very nice ten wheeler... Yes I would like to see that in my RFW roster...
great photo by the way!!! 8)

aussie30inch

ebtbob

Great suggestion and a gaad ten wheel choice for On30. What about it Bachmann?

aussie30inch

kenruof

Love it Bob, I would buy more that one!!!

Your friend
Ken

Dusten Barefoot

Not as good lookin' as Tweetsie ;D
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

max (uk)

Nice engine there ebtbob, I like the snowplow. Id love one of them.

Mind you im modeling logging so shayman has a point for a nice 'beffey' shay (55 ton 3 truck shay. Oh Yeh) would be brill. My 14 ton shay looks out of place next to my climax and 2-8-0.