News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

"G" scale, Big Hauler, Royal Blue

Started by whistleman, October 14, 2012, 08:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whistleman

I just picked up a Big Hauler, Royal Blue, "G" scale at Goodwill for twenty dollars. I can find nothing about it on the Bachmann website. Can anyone tell me when it was produced and just what I may have here?

Loco Bill Canelos

Whistleman

Your set 90016 was among the first put out by Bachamnn in 1989, it is one of the most popular sets Bachmann ever made, and was produced in high numbers to meet the demand  It stayed in the catalog till 1998, but due to the popularity it was put back in the catalog in 2001 and 2002 and run again in high numbers.  This is truly a classic set.   With careful shopping you can still find them new.  Since the set was produced for so many years the locomotive was made with version 2 to version 5 chassis.  The original street price was about $90 in 1989 and in 2002 the street price for the latest version was about $180

Below are the notes from my database

90016*   B&O   The Royal Blue   1989   to 2002 Cab no 1332   Ver2to5   Combine NYPB&W #1063   Obs NYPB&W #1051
90016   Notes:   Cataloged from 1989 to 1998 and again in 2001 to  2002

Enjoy you set!! 
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

whistleman

Thank you for the information. The set is in fairly good condition but the track is a bit corroded. I'll clean it up and enjoy it.

TJ-Lee

Loco Bill,

You are such a great source of information on the different Bachmann products! Always a pleasure to read your posts.

Best,
TJ Lee

Loco Bill Canelos

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!