Bachmann EZ Command Dynamis Wireless DCC Controller BAC36505 Question

Started by drmanny3, December 02, 2012, 04:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drmanny3

I just purchased a 3 truck shay with sound and wanted to purchase a controller to operate as a DCC unit.  I would prefer a wireless solution.  At present I am just setting up a stationary trestle with the engine.  So it would be nice to have it go through its paces with a wireless unit.  Will the EZ command BAC36505 work with my train?  Will  I be able to perform programing with this unit?  Will I need to purchase anything else?
Thanks,
Manny

drmanny3

I want to have the system setup on a trestle.  I will have rollers for all the drive wheels and the overall length should only be about 36 to 40 inches long.  I would like to run the smoker.  So what would you recommend as a booster?  I read somewhere where you have to be careful not to go over 21 volts as it will shut down the decoder?
thanks,
Manny

the Bach-man

Dear Manny,
For wireless control, your best bet would be to contact Don Sweet at New England RCS:

http://www.remotecontrolthrottles.com/

He's a great guy, and he'll be happy to help!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

drmanny3

I just received the EZ Command BAC36505 wireless system.  I have the 3 truck Shay setup on a circular track that has a 4 foot diameter.  The unit works the train without any problems.  I am not pulling any cars so not sure how much power it has but it works with the one loco and will do fine when it is on a trestle.