News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New True Blast III Request

Started by EIS, October 19, 2012, 11:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EIS

It is rumored that you are working on a new sound system.  Could you please make your new sound system compatible with postwar as well as modern transformers.  Your current True Blast II sound system works fine using modern transformers, but is hit and miss with postwar transformers.

Earl

phillyreading

Using a post war ZW I have to push the whistle button about two/thirds of the way and wait three seconds to get the whistle effect to work, sometimes you may have to push the whistle button all the way and then go back to two/thirds.
Another thing you can do is to use a double pole double throw toggle(DPDT 6 amp) switch and switch the hot and common wires to the track and get the bell feature to work as well.

Lee F.

EIS

Lee,

Thanks for the reply.  I still think the best solution is for Bachmann to make the sound system compatible with both modern and postwar transformers in the design phase and avoid the gymnastics you described.

Earl

M1FredQ

Thanks Lee

I'll hook up our ZW and see if I can get the train sounds!!!!!

phillyreading

Another cure for the True Blast 2 is to a newer transformer with both whistle and bell features, like the Z-1000 by MTH.

Lee F.