News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Manual EZ Track turnouts

Started by smokingjoker, December 22, 2013, 06:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokingjoker

DO they make HO manual turnouts for EZ Track? Wife and I are starting out and want to do a small layout that need turnouts. Trying not to spend a lot of money until we see if we keep up with the hobby.                     
                                                                          Thanks

Doneldon

joker-

No, I don't think Bachmann makes any non-remote or non-DCC turnouts in either steel alloy or nickel-silver rail. You can use any manufacturer's manual turnouts as long as they have Code 100 rail. That means the rail is 100/1000 inch high, more easily expressed as 1/10 inch. You can use turnouts with attached roadbed but you'll have to do some adapting to the roadbeds to get the rails joined. I think it would be easiest to get non-roadbed track from a manufacturer of your choice, cut the loop thing off of the EZTrack and use preformed cork switch pads or just cork roadbed strips under your turnouts.
                                                                                                                                                                        -- D