News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

altas turntable wire called?

Started by TrainFan2020, October 28, 2012, 08:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan2020

Hi it's percyfan3 again,

i wounder i got altas turntable but no wire!
What is the wire called so i will get it on the bachmann shop

thanks,

Percyfan3

Anthony P2

you're supposed to supply wire for the turntable. you could probably pick up a spool of wire at your local hardware store. unless you use old bachmann wire. find an extra power pack to track wire, modern one or old one. snip off the flat track plug and strip off the insolation a little bit  off the end so the wire is showing. now you can hook up the turntable to a transformer. *note* connect to DC power not AC or else the motor will get damaged.

jward

i believe it's sold by atlas and model power as "hookup wire"

or, you could go to lowes or home depot and buy some doorbell wire. they sell it by the foot at a fraction of the cost of "hookup wire" but it works just as well.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

TrainFan2020

to jward,

thank you  :) i will do that

modeltrainfan1

Jerrys HO

just checking to see if you realize that the atlas turntable has to be wired a special way to be able to reverse polarity. it is different than the bachmann turntable. I have a link showing the wiring for a dc tt will post when I find it if you need.

Jerry

jward

i have an atlas turntable on my layout. the slots for the radial tracks are marked as "a" or "b". the a tracks are wired the reverse polarity from the b tracks. other than that, the turntable needs on special wiring.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

shining time

is it this if it is use an atlas twin for the track on the table and to turn the table and attach it to the 2 small holes on each side of the motor for the motor if your motorizing follow motor directions
for the stalls use a connector

P.S. for polarity on track stalls it is determined by the direction of the controller you hooked it up to for power
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

TrainFan2020

thanks shining time,

now i look at it it does have 2 holes and the "hookup wire" that i now have
i will do that

so thanks,

modeltrainfan1

Also look at me on youtube

username: modeltrainfan1

shining time

long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways