STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 12, 2019, 05:03:03 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Could this be the next special?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Could this be the next special?  (Read 38547 times)
thomasj219

Thomas Will Be Coming Down Our Track Forever!!

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2012, 08:06:07 PM »

King Of The Railway

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0449816613/ref=s9_hps_bw_g14_ir01?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-8&pf_rd_r=0G8526EWVFSH02CM8END&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1328724062&pf_rd_i=268704011

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.
Anthony P2

this Doctor doesn't shut railways down

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 08:23:09 PM »

O_O  i thought BMM was the last for Nitrogen Studios?
jettrainfan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 08:33:19 PM »

I had my hopes up for the WW2 story that was suppose to be like Thomas and the magic railroad... Sad

*goes back to the corner of a room and waits patently again*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account
Shawn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 08:41:37 PM »

This might be the first for Arc,  and what makes me happy is thomas looks exactly the same!  

I see 4 new characters on the front,  It seems this is a norm for the last 4 specials (including this,  Day of the diesels is debatable)

They ALL look american.  I wondered if that was Jack in the back,  but it has a square face.  Maybe its a more real life-ey jack? (!)

Looks very interesting.   Weird how this has made an appearance so soon after BMM  maybe we will see some toys of the new characters to confirm further.

I had my hopes up for the WW2 story that was suppose to be like Thomas and the magic railroad... Sad

This is not that movie.  The description says that it IS another direct to DVD(/BlueRay) release.
thomasj219

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 08:52:52 PM »

I doubt Arc has started animating yet if Brenner is still writing, it may just be illustrators sticking to what they know.

donaldthescottishtwin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 08:54:46 PM »

If this is the WW2 Movie my hopes are ruined as I expected a lot more. But there's no point judging yet.
thomasj219

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 10:59:07 PM »

It is not.

ThomasFan247

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 12:33:35 AM »

I doubt Arc has started animating yet if Brenner is still writing, it may just be illustrators sticking to what they know.
Brenner took over as head writer in 2010, and season 17 is slated to be aired in the fall of next year, so I'd imagine that Arc has a good amount of the animations done.
thomasj219

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 12:39:46 AM »

Yes I'm just not sure if Brenners episodes are actually in production yet, you are probably right but not sure.

Shawn

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 12:46:33 AM »

Brenner took over as head writer in 2010, and season 17 is slated to be aired in the fall of next year, so I'd imagine that Arc has a good amount of the animations done.

Arc may have started before nitrogen was finished aswell.  But this is definatly a special.  And thank the LORD it isn't Sodor blackout or snow storm
ScotNick

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 06:00:09 AM »

This might be the first for Arc,  and what makes me happy is thomas looks exactly the same!  

I see 4 new characters on the front,  It seems this is a norm for the last 4 specials (including this,  Day of the diesels is debatable)

They ALL look american.  I wondered if that was Jack in the back,  but it has a square face.  Maybe its a more real life-ey jack? (!)

Looks very interesting.   Weird how this has made an appearance so soon after BMM  maybe we will see some toys of the new characters to confirm further.

This is not that movie.  The description says that it IS another direct to DVD(/BlueRay) release.

I think with 3 engines you are right- they are american;
but the engine behind Thomas looks like to be the Rocket.
jettrainfan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 08:59:31 AM »

[/quote]

I know, i just figured that the WW2 movie was next up on the list to be released.

When i zoomed in, i saw What probably is Jack, the rocket for sure, an 0-4-0 similar to Dash and bash  and 2 american stream liners... the blue one visible to most looks like a 4-8-4 configuration, while the second one looks to be the same kind, but red (right  behind the rocket if you zoom in.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account
ScotNick

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 10:43:50 AM »

Hi, on the front cover I'm 100% sure the engine behind Thomas is the Rocket, but I found this video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJgwzYa0Ogs
Seems like the engine in the video is the Planet which was built by Robert Stephenson too.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 10:51:05 AM by NikeWale » Logged
Anthony P2

this Doctor doesn't shut railways down

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 11:21:03 AM »

answers some of our many questions: http://thesifblog.blogspot.com/2012/10/2013-special-king-of-railway.html
Shawn

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 08:02:59 PM »

Dragging this back up again because we now know the names of the new characters.

Stephen--The rocket class engine.  Name derived from rocket's designer

Millie--The little blue engine in the distance on the cover of the aforementioned book

We are now reverting to twin engines,  or two engines you need to buy both of, separately! 

Conner--one of the American streamliners (the blue one most likely)

Caitlin--the other
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: