Could this be the next special?

Started by thomasj219, October 28, 2012, 08:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PasqualeCS96

Those two American engines I think will look kinda odd in my opinion. I think I different class is needed because just from a distance they appear to be dome less. Everyone knows not to trust a dome less engine they are not respectable.

Shawn

Quote from: Brandude!!! =D on January 01, 2013, 05:14:28 PM
Ok, lets just maybe get back to the possible new special and off whatever it is that's going on.

Best idea I've heard all year

Zorran202

Well, let's hope that no competition comes between those two streamliners vs Spencer and Gordon perhaps (just saying) :P

Zorran202

So basically (from what we see based on that info), Stephan will be the next 'Scrapped Hiro of the CGI series,' but with his own coaches as well...?Interesting.... I'm warming up to Andrew Brenner already!! :P

Cirkit:)

Stephen will be 'Scrap Hiro' but with his own coaches? This ought to be good.

Connor and Caitlin will be the new 'twins' or engine pair. Always seen together, so you have to buy both.. Wish they were a different class of loco, though. There are plenty of UK locomotives with streamlined appearances, why chose two huge American engines?

Is Millie narrow-gauge or just really, really small? Haven't been able to figure that one out.

I was hoping that 'Millie' wouldn't be a friendly engine, but instead one who would be willing to do anything to get his/her buffers on the crown(presumably it would be called 'The Crown of Sodor'), like trapping Stephen in a mine, and taking the title of 'King of the Railway'. 
Or something like that.

I still think it'll be an exciting movie. Wonder if they'll use any pre-existing Sodor book locations for the Castle location? Like Peel Godred, for example, or somewhere else a castle might be located and is rarely or never seen on TV.

Shawn

Conner and Caitlin would have been good opportunities to put engines like Gresley P2s,  or streamlined coronations on Sodor.  Instead we get two American engines, from the "mainland".  If I believed in continental drift, I'd use sodor is proof.

jettrainfan

At least it wasn't a big boy (4-8-8-4) and a challenger (4-6-6-4)    ::)

then again... that would be interesting, just extreme overkill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

PasqualeCS96

What I don't understand is why the narrator of the show doesn't say where exactly the engines are from (Great Britain), not just "mainland". Why cant the narrator say, "Hiro is from Japan, Victor is from Cuba, Connor and Caitlin are from America"?

Shawn

I honestly don't know.  Perhaps it would be racist?  At least the soccer moms might think so.

PasqualeCS96

Talking down to another country or it people is racist. Simply stating where one is from is not by any means racist. It's like saying "Duck is from the Great Western Railway" is a negative thing.  :P In fact if they did start saying where exactly engines were from, wouldn't that in theory be beneficial to kids? It would be like a mini geography lesson for kids kind of.

EDIT: Perfect example of this: "Donald and Douglas are twins who arrived from Scotland to help the fat controller. The twins meant well, but did cause confusion." Even something as simple as this can give insight to children about other countires and not just there home ones.

DinoNTrains

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on January 15, 2013, 04:33:40 PM
In fact if they did start saying where exactly engines were from, wouldn't that in theory be beneficial to kids? It would be like a mini geography lesson for kids kind of.

Never thought of it that way. Good idea.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

thomasj219

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Zorran202

First impression of the movie: very interesting indeed. The fact they have an Earl of Sodor (Sir Robert Norramby) with his private engine, who's narrow gauge, plus an old friend that was in the same boat as Hiro (if you get my meaning) tells me this would be something to look forward to. :P