Could this be the next special?

Started by thomasj219, October 28, 2012, 08:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SodorAdventures

Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

Zorran202

I wonder why they only have the UK trailer first and not the US trailer as well... Maybe it'll be released at a later date... Who knows...?

Shawn

First impressions of Arc's animation: terrible.  The budget seems to have dropped by a few quadrillion ££s

ThomasFan247

I know many people, including myself, aren't very impressed with Arc's animations for the new movie. But let's put a few things into perspective here:

1. We don't know where the trailer came from, i.e. how and where it was found. It could have been an pre-production draft. Not likely, but possible.
2. The movie isn't due to air for another seven-eight months. Again, this also means the trailer could have included clips not seen in the final product.
3. All of the other productions I've ever seen from Arc are fabulous: high quality, smooth rendering, beautiful graphics and details. I don't understand why the company would slack off in the production of "the world's best loved pre-school boys' brand"'s newest film. That doesn't make much sense (if any).

I still have some hope for this movie. Maybe it will turn out better in the end.

Zorran202

Besides, if anything, the content of the trailer is interesting like seeing the Troublesome Trucks doing their thing, Stephen's quote 'Hehe no! I may be old, but I'm not THAT old', and Millie as a first private female narrow gauge engine, this'll be interesting to say the least! We should just wait until September to draw any sort of conclusions about this special.

therailwayinspector

If the animation is in unfinished stages, then that was, I feel, a bad move to make.
Trailers are supposed to show off the film by promoting the best qualities of it, and the best way is using the final footage (when did you ever see a Pirates of the Carribbean trailer with un-touched blue screen for example). If This is supposed to to be a first impression, it's not very good. I just hope they get it sorted, especially that lip sync...
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

chris123678

The animation is terrible. This looks entirely too unrealistic. Honestly, this show is getting ruined. I thought Nitrogen did a great job with the animation, now this just looks terrible.

thomasj219

Ok boys let's calm down. I actually don't find it that bad.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

chris123678

It looks really cheap to be honest with you.^^ The scenery, just everything. It looks really childish and almost presents itself as a video game as opposed to a short film.

The show sure has came down. I remember where a person of all ages could watch and enjoy thomas.

thomasj219

I say again, you guy get all this from about 60 seconds, "People of all ages can't watch and enjoy Thomas" this is in no way true. Look I know how things tend to be overreacted to at first in the Thomas fandom and one day soon this conservation will be remembered as nothing more than pure speculation, but to be honest with you as long as the writing picks up, which I really think it's going to, I wouldn't pay one mind to the animation. Just thinking priorities, but I don't think we have to worry, in the end I'm we'll be happy with both.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Shawn

PasqualeCS96

Just as I thought about Caitlin and Connor, they look really odd without a proper funnel when compared to the other characters. Although, I did like the look on Gordon and Spencer's faces when they first saw them.  :D
Anyone else notice that Millie's whistle is Lady's whistle?

jettrainfan

Some of the animations look like they're from a computer game I used to have (the roundhouse scene mainly) and the face shots of James-Thomas and Percy make no sense to me... its a kids show so I'll keep my mouth shut for now. :-X

I do like the idea of Stephen doing work, that was interesting, seeing how old he is  :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

mrrailroad

I was fuming literally fuming when they said that they were going to animation
my website for all garden train fans
http://gardentrains.webs.com/

my website for all model trains
http://usamodeltrains.webs.com/

Zorran202

Well, admittedly, the models themselves would've been too expensive to keep around for a long while.  After all, in the modernizing world, everything (well, the majority of the kids shows that is) has been converted to CGI (like Bob the Builder, Angelina Ballerina, Fireman Sam, you name it!), so it's not like it'll stick around long in terms of the animation. They were enjoyable back in the day, but let's face it, there's something called reality that for those of you that still mope and dope over the animation-switchover....... SO GET OVER IT!!!!!!!

Anyway, there are pretty decent moments in that bit of the trailer (such as the animation on Spencer, the animation on the humans, etc.), though some improvements can still be made regardless, but it's too soon to jump the gun since it's not out yet...