Could this be the next special?

Started by thomasj219, October 28, 2012, 08:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony P2

O_O  i thought BMM was the last for Nitrogen Studios?

jettrainfan

I had my hopes up for the WW2 story that was suppose to be like Thomas and the magic railroad... :(

*goes back to the corner of a room and waits patently again*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

Shawn

Quote from: Anthony P2 on October 28, 2012, 08:23:09 PM

This might be the first for Arc,  and what makes me happy is thomas looks exactly the same!  

I see 4 new characters on the front,  It seems this is a norm for the last 4 specials (including this,  Day of the diesels is debatable)

They ALL look american.  I wondered if that was Jack in the back,  but it has a square face.  Maybe its a more real life-ey jack? (!)

Looks very interesting.   Weird how this has made an appearance so soon after BMM  maybe we will see some toys of the new characters to confirm further.

Quote from: jettrainfan on October 28, 2012, 08:33:19 PM
I had my hopes up for the WW2 story that was suppose to be like Thomas and the magic railroad... :(

This is not that movie.  The description says that it IS another direct to DVD(/BlueRay) release.

thomasj219

I doubt Arc has started animating yet if Brenner is still writing, it may just be illustrators sticking to what they know.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

donaldthescottishtwin

If this is the WW2 Movie my hopes are ruined as I expected a lot more. But there's no point judging yet.

thomasj219

ThomasFan247

Quote from: thomasj219 on October 28, 2012, 08:52:52 PM
I doubt Arc has started animating yet if Brenner is still writing, it may just be illustrators sticking to what they know.
Brenner took over as head writer in 2010, and season 17 is slated to be aired in the fall of next year, so I'd imagine that Arc has a good amount of the animations done.

thomasj219

Yes I'm just not sure if Brenners episodes are actually in production yet, you are probably right but not sure.

Shawn

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on October 29, 2012, 12:33:35 AM
Quote from: thomasj219 on October 28, 2012, 08:52:52 PM
Brenner took over as head writer in 2010, and season 17 is slated to be aired in the fall of next year, so I'd imagine that Arc has a good amount of the animations done.

Arc may have started before nitrogen was finished aswell.  But this is definatly a special.  And thank the LORD it isn't Sodor blackout or snow storm

ScotNick

Quote from: Shawn on October 28, 2012, 08:41:37 PM
Quote from: Anthony P2 on October 28, 2012, 08:23:09 PM

This might be the first for Arc,  and what makes me happy is thomas looks exactly the same!  

I see 4 new characters on the front,  It seems this is a norm for the last 4 specials (including this,  Day of the diesels is debatable)

They ALL look american.  I wondered if that was Jack in the back,  but it has a square face.  Maybe its a more real life-ey jack? (!)

Looks very interesting.   Weird how this has made an appearance so soon after BMM  maybe we will see some toys of the new characters to confirm further.

This is not that movie.  The description says that it IS another direct to DVD(/BlueRay) release.

I think with 3 engines you are right- they are american;
but the engine behind Thomas looks like to be the Rocket.

jettrainfan

[/quote]

I know, i just figured that the WW2 movie was next up on the list to be released.

When i zoomed in, i saw What probably is Jack, the rocket for sure, an 0-4-0 similar to Dash and bash  and 2 american stream liners... the blue one visible to most looks like a 4-8-4 configuration, while the second one looks to be the same kind, but red (right  behind the rocket if you zoom in.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

ScotNick

Hi, on the front cover I'm 100% sure the engine behind Thomas is the Rocket, but I found this video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJgwzYa0Ogs
Seems like the engine in the video is the Planet which was built by Robert Stephenson too.

Anthony P2

Shawn

Dragging this back up again because we now know the names of the new characters.

Stephen--The rocket class engine.  Name derived from rocket's designer

Millie--The little blue engine in the distance on the cover of the aforementioned book

We are now reverting to twin engines,  or two engines you need to buy both of, separately! 

Conner--one of the American streamliners (the blue one most likely)

Caitlin--the other