Could this be the next special?

Started by thomasj219, October 28, 2012, 08:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulGWR

Sorry for double Posting, but I do remember hearing lady's/Millie's whistle in a WWI documentary but it might have been different, I don't really remember that well.

Fergusfan17

That movie was cancelled... So...

mrrailroad

my website for all garden train fans
http://gardentrains.webs.com/

my website for all model trains
http://usamodeltrains.webs.com/

Fergusfan17

Yep... Apparently Shane Acker canceled it due to "lack of interest".... Yeah..,,

ThomasFan247

Quote from: sodorfan on July 28, 2013, 12:23:41 PM
Sorry for double Posting, but I do remember hearing lady's/Millie's whistle in a WWI documentary but it might have been different, I don't really remember that well.

Just to clarify, King of the Railway was not cancelled. I think mrrailroad may be a bit confused, as Fergusfan17 meant that the WWII movie was cancelled. The only place I could see that movie being brought up is from a misread of the above post. Sorry if I'm wrong, just clarifying if anyone is confused :P

thomasj219

Actually think again!  It's back on!!

Sorry for the disappointment. My comment was posted over 5 months ago. We decided to continue with the film as planned, and scheduled release is in October of 2015.

As a little teaser, fans can expect some long awaited returns and the introduction of a very "devious" diesel. Also, Kelsey Grammar and Jack Nicholson have agreed to sign on to the project! Regards, Shane.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Fergusfan17

They think this user was fake... So we are back to square one...  :-[
I quote,
"Hit Entertainment denies Shane Acker film comments"
"A comment reportedly made by Shane Acker over his Thomas the Tank Engine film cancellation has been denied by Hit Entertainment.

In Deadline's article initially publicising the film's creation, a comment over the project's status read; Actually, we have cancelled the film due to a lack of interest. Sorry to disappoint! The author's name was Shane Acker.

Disappoint was met with the fanbase, although some questioned whether the source was official or not. Another comment posted this week however came from the same source, leading to fans branding it suspicious.

Sorry for the disappointment. My comment was posted over 5 months ago. We decided to continue with the film as planned, and scheduled release is in October of 2015.

As a little teaser, fans can expect some long awaited returns and the introduction of a very "devious" diesel. Also, Kelsey Grammar and Jack Nicholson have agreed to sign on to the project! Regards, Shane.

Hit Entertainment's public relations have now denied the accusations in an email presented by SiF's lead moderator, Ryan.

To the best of our knowledge, there has been no definitive confirmation on the project's status (Thomas Feature Film) at present. Apologies, but we do not have any more information to pass on to you."

DinoNTrains

I just hope that it is true that it's back on. Can anyone provide a link to the source? I just want to double check :)
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

mrrailroad

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on July 31, 2013, 09:46:16 PM
Quote from: sodorfan on July 28, 2013, 12:23:41 PM

Just to clarify, King of the Railway was not cancelled. I think mrrailroad may be a bit confused, as Fergusfan17 meant that the WWII movie was cancelled. The only place I could see that movie being brought up is from a misread of the above post. Sorry if I'm wrong, just clarifying if anyone is confused :P

Phew
my website for all garden train fans
http://gardentrains.webs.com/

my website for all model trains
http://usamodeltrains.webs.com/

Zorran202

Has anyone seen the UK version of King of the Railway yet? It's out now! :)

thomasj219

Yes, and I went to the Blue Carpet premier of the US one Sunday. It was fantastic, I think I prefer the UK but not sure. The only thing that needs improvement is the music, the songs I mean, man are they bad. They were playing the classic songs all around outside though, who knows maybe we'll see re-done versions of the classic songs in CGI.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Anthony P2

the Rocket at the Nat. Rail. Museum is only a replica. So i guess Stephen could say he had a "brother" or something like that.

dan-hornby

true it is a replica but they also own the original. thats all i was saying. when companys do what some do theni just have to defend my opinions

PaulGWR

I just saw the film, and I loved it!

Fergusfan17