News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Tie Spacing on Bachmann Brass Track

Started by rman, November 01, 2012, 09:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rman

I have a question about Bachmann G Scale Train Brass Track 3 Foot Straights (12 pieces) 94652. Are the 3' sections 3- 1' sections put together or are they 3'solid sections? I ask this because of the photo of the track I have seen on another web site. It looks like the tie spacing is greater each foot between the ties similar to the 1' sections of regular tin covered steel track. I expected the 3' brass rail sections to have equal tie spacing for the entire 3' section. I will be placing the track on a suspended oak rail support similar to those sold by Loco-Boose Hobbies. I already have a jig constructed for the regular steel track tie spacing and I am wondering if the tie spacing is the same for the brass track.

armorsmith

rman,

I don't own any, but my guess (like Aristo, USA and others) the rail is 3' but there are 3 - 1' tie strips.

Bob C.

az2rail

The track will be more than likely 36" long, not three 12" pieces. But the ties will be spaced futher apart than their other track. Bachmann is going to make it  look more like narrow gauge track for the 1:20.3 equipment. That said. I would not count on the ties being evenly spaced apart until I seen it.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.