News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 45-ton center cab

Started by Gene, October 29, 2012, 11:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gene

Need advice on purchase of radio control and sound for this engine.  Thank you.

Kevin Strong

Lots depends on how particular you are about sound and control. There's a wide range of systems on the market. Aristo-Craft just introduced their new generic diesel sound receiver. For a street price of around $270 or so, you get the transmitter and receiver set (and for future locos, you need only buy the receiver, which runs around $90 - $105. The Revolution throttle control is very good. The sound on the receiver is basic, but credible. (And if you want to add a 3rd-party sound system later, you can control it with the Revolution as well.)

If you want a whole lot of reaslism and control over every last possible sound, light, etc., there's the new QSI Titan "Emulator" which is just coming on the market as well. ($200) If you want to run that wirelessly, you're going to need the G-wire receiver to go with it. ($100), and with that, also the NCE Garden wire cab ($200) (Again, you'll need to buy the transmitter only once, but you'll need a decoder and wireless receiver for each loco.

Lots of other control and sound options out there as well. Depends on what you're looking to control. If you can give us some idea of how "detailed" you'd like your control and sound, we can probably answer your question a bit more specifically.

Later,

K

ChrisB

I used Tony Walsham's (old) instructions for this model (http://www.largescalecentral.com/LSCForums/viewtopic.php?id=5786). It was my first rc install on my first large scale model. The instructions about how to take it apart, and make frames for the RC/sound boards, are very helpful and gave me a lot of confidence to shred the insides of the loco. However the loco did only cost $80 which was £40 at the time........

I used Tony's updated RC 2.4GHz radio install (http://www.rcs-rc.com/) and Dalee sound. The updated RC avoids needing supressors etc and is therefore even easier than in the instructions.

I used this system after a lot of research, as I liked the reversing lights and sound cues, together with a stick transmitter.

Can't fault it - in fact I have done 3 more installs using the same system since then (Connie, James, Percy), including with Phoenix sound. To me it is a great way to run RC trains. The system gets better with each new update.

Good luck,

Chris

Tony Walsham

Hello Gene.

I am away from home in Melbourne for the next 10 days.
I have your E mail and will send a detailed reply as soon as I get a chance to sit still for an hour or so.
Tony Walsham
Founding member of the battery Mafia.

(Remote Control Systems).

aspoz

Tony Walsham

The Melbourne Cup is no different horse race than any other.

If you are not in on the fix it is like simply giving money way. ;)
Tony Walsham
Founding member of the battery Mafia.

(Remote Control Systems).