News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-Z Track 36 inch straight

Started by tomplatten, November 02, 2012, 09:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomplatten

Unless I am misreading the HO Product information, the only way to purchase 36 inch straight section of E-Z is in "bulk" at $380. I guess its time to check out e-bay!

adari

That is not true. Go to your local hobby shop. They have them there. I have 4 of them that I bought a couple years ago for 10 bucks from my LHS

ebtbob

Tom,

Adari is correct.   I work in a train store in the nw subs of Philadelphia and we carry the 36 in straight EZ track sections.   Price is either $10 or $12 but cannot remember for sure.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

wjstix

The "bulk" price is usually what a hobby shop would have to buy - i.e., they can't just order say 3 pieces of track, they'd have to buy a box of 10 or 12 or whatever.

Tomie

Trainworld has the 36 inch straight for $9.95.

Tom

www.trainworldonline.com

Pops

Plus whatever it cost to ship such a big piece.

:o

Mark Damien

Why is a pack of four 9" straights, cheaper than one 36" straight?
Even if the prototypes never existed, someone would have created Model Trains anyway.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Steams the Dream
Cheers.
Mark

rbryce1

Not sure why that is, but it usually is. 

Especially since the 36" straight track is really made from two 18" roadbed sections welded together and a 36" rail installed (turn it over and look).  Which brings up another good question:  Why doesn't Bachmann sell the 18" track sections since they obviously have a 18" roadbed mold in hand?

jward

my guess is that 9" straights are simply more useful. and thus sell more. most model railroaders who byy track in 3 foot sections are buying flex track. and most modellers using sectional track have small layouts where they probably don't need 3 foot straights.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Johnson Bar Jeff

Easier to package nine-inch straight sections in train sets, too, I would guess.

Jerrys HO

QuoteWhy doesn't Bachmann sell the 18" track sections since they obviously have a 18" roadbed mold in hand?

rb you may be on to the next new big seller. ??? For those who can not fit 36's this would be ideal.

Jerry