News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

C-19 arrival

Started by glennk28, October 29, 2012, 07:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennk28

My C-19 arrived today, and I have just finished unpacking it.
All my previous Spectrum locos have included a DVD with history andf instructions for set-up and lubrication.  I don't find one here.  Is it missing or no longer supplied?

Thanks.
Glenn Joesten
Yreka,. CA

StanAmes

Glen

The videos are on youtube.  You can watch them by clicking on the following links.

Introduction Video:  http://youtu.be/-uvG6caPtrU

History Video : http://youtu.be/LUAWlmUqpgc

Lubrication Video:  http://youtu.be/TPJXRgZJUvI

Stan

JBSahnd

Stan,

Is there an information sheet in the box that informs people that there is no enclosed DVD and where to find the information on You Tube?

Bucksco

The locomotive contains the usual instruction booklet that includes information on lubrication and running the locomotive. The videos are not necessary to run the engine.

StanAmes

Quote from: JBSahnd on November 01, 2012, 06:05:16 PM
Stan,

Is there an information sheet in the box that informs people that there is no enclosed DVD and where to find the information on You Tube?

The 2-6-6-2 released 4 years ago was the last locomotive produced with a DVD.  Since then (Forney, Climax, C19) there has been no DVD included.  The reason is simple.  It costs a lot to produce a professional DVD at a time where the large scale market has gotten smaller.

To replace the DVD, the manuals were enhanced to contain all the needed information.  The manuals and expanded data sheets are intended to contain everyting needed to operate and maintain the model.

The C-19 You-Tube videos are an experiment to see if a much much much lower budget effort would be useful from a marketing perspective.  The concept was that a You-Tube video might increase product visibility and enhance sales by providing users who have not purchased the locomotive more information prior to sale.

Rather then developing a script, going through a lengthy develop/review process and using a professional crew. Mike used the manual as the script and used a few volunteers to shoot some scenes on our railroad.  The lubrication portion is simply the manual photos and words in video format.  Mike is a modeler and an operator on our railroad and he had a good idea for what was needed.  In the end Mike produced 3 You-Tube videos which were a whole lot more then the original concept.  I was most impressed with the results. I have no idea if Bachmann will decide to do this again in the future.

Stan

bob kaplan

The you tube videos are appreciated.   i hope they remain posted for a long,long time!...  Though it is not quite as detailed in the lube process as the DVD for the the Mikado and the 2-6-6-2 its ok and ....i do still refer to them from time to time.  i wish there were an easy way to burn them to disc.   Just my anal thing...but i enjoy watching them on a big screen.

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi! all,
Youtube works for me, I actually like the idea.  I say this because I can never find the doggone DVD's among the piles that seem to accumulate everywhere in the house.  In some cases they went back in the box and went in deep storage(hard to get to).  I can easily access youtube and get the videos.

Strictly my opinion of course, Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Kevin Strong

Bob, go to http://www.keepvid.com . Copy the URL of the YouTube video and paste it into the window on the KeepVid site. You can then download and save the video in whatever format you want. Put that into Roxio or some other DVD-authoring software and you can then play it on a regular DVD player.

I do miss the videos, but I must confess a personal bias--they used to be shot on my dad's railroad. (Up through the Heisler video, I believe.)

Later,

K