November - National Model Railroad Month

Started by ebtbob, November 02, 2012, 10:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebtbob

Good Evening all,

November is national model railroad month.    Here in the east is a website,  www.modelrailroadopenhouse.com that will give you a schedule of open houses,  mostly in private homes.   It covers eastern Pa,  NJ,  De, and small sampling of Maryland.
         When you get to the site,  a small block calender will appear.   Click on a date and you will find info on anyone who is open to the public as well as the size trains they run.
         I am in the NE subs of Philadelphia,  in Hatboro, Pa.   I am open Nov 3&4 from 12-4pm showing HO,  HOn3,  and On30.  If you come to my place,  let me know that you are a fellow Bachmann Forum friend.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: ebtbob on November 02, 2012, 10:41:34 PM
         I am in the NE subs of Philadelphia,  in Hatboro, Pa.   I am open Nov 3&4 from 12-4pm showing HO,  HOn3,  and On30.  If you come to my place,  let me know that you are a fellow Bachmann Forum friend.

(Waves from Center City. ...)

How did it go? Did you get any visitors?

ebtbob

Jeff,

I was extremely pleased with my visitor headcount.  Saturday we had 17 people and Sunday we had 51 come thru.  There was one guy who had so much fun that he came back on Sunday and we gave him a throttle and he ran trains for about 3 hours.  We had another guy who came and spent about an hour or hour and a half on both days.  I also about 8 people who have signed up for an improptu ops session,  some Tuesday night either very early December or sometime in January. We have already discussed the possibility of doing this again next year.   Of course,  that is up to the good Lord's will.

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

Ken G Price

Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

Jerrys HO

Bob

If you were showing the layout you showed me, I think you would have had to either kick me out or feed me.  ;D

Jerry

ebtbob

Jerry,

Any time you might get up this way,  you would more than welcome.  Like I said,  one guy came back on Sunday and actually ran trains.   That is the whole reason for my railroads now....for people to come and have fun.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: ebtbob on November 07, 2012, 01:26:55 PM
Jeff,

I was extremely pleased with my visitor headcount.  Saturday we had 17 people and Sunday we had 51 come thru.  There was one guy who had so much fun that he came back on Sunday and we gave him a throttle and he ran trains for about 3 hours.  We had another guy who came and spent about an hour or hour and a half on both days.  I also about 8 people who have signed up for an improptu ops session,  some Tuesday night either very early December or sometime in January.

Bob,

I'm happy to hear it went so well. It sounds like you had fun, too, and maybe you even made some "converts."  ;D

QuoteWe have already discussed the possibility of doing this again next year.   Of course,  that is up to the good Lord's will.

Indeed. "Man proposes but God disposes."  :)

ebtbob

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress