News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New 3-dome tank cars

Started by NYC1956, November 06, 2012, 03:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYC1956

They were due in September. No sign of them anywhere.
Can you give us an updated arrival date?
Mike

the Bach-man

Dear NYC,
I believe they're on the way, but I'll double-check.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

rustycoupler

I know they are not real, but will any of them be chrome?

eric220

How 'bout some nice yellow Shell three-domes?
-Eric

Modeling a transcontinental PRR
http://www.pennsylvania-railroad.com

the Bach-man

Dear All,
The new cars are on the water.
Anticipate!
the Bach-man

sd45elect2000

I too am waiting for these cars.

I have fifteen of the new 10,000 gallon cars so in my opinion its time for some new roadnames and or numbers. I have all 3 of the Spartan oil cars, my information shows that there were no more.

One small detail concerning the Frontenac cars, the reporting marks on the cars are different on the sides and ends of the cars. I had to renumber the ends. The numbers should match I would think.

The Simonin cars look great (especially with a little bit of weathering( , I'm looking forward to a long cut of these cars. The cars have great detail, perhaps Bachmann would consider factory weathering on these new cars, it really does bring out the detail !!

Randy

NYC1956

Finally-Walthers is showing these in stock as of 19 December 2012!

sd45elect2000

I got three ordered to start with, the PQX,TROX,and CCBX... It looks like the number font used for the PQX car is easy enough to change numbers.

I'll probably try to convert a couple to 2 dome cars. Its nice to have some raw material to work with. I like the style of dome on the bachmann car , I don't think this one has been done before.

Randy

Country Joe

Quote from: sd45elect2000 on December 22, 2012, 06:34:11 PM

I'll probably try to convert a couple to 2 dome cars.

Randy

It would really be great if someone would make 2 dome tank cars. As far as I know, no one does. I think they would be popular. This is a not so subtle hint.

sd45elect2000

Not to mention 4 dome and 6 dome cars.

Randy