News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Custom HO design companies?

Started by Big Sol, August 07, 2007, 08:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Sol

I was wondering if there are any companies out there that are in the business of producing custom rolling stock and locomotives for private parties?

For example, if I were to send in a logo and a basic color scheme for a G-Series locomotive, the company would already have a blank locomotive ready, they'd paint it to match my color scheme, then paint my logo on it, and then mail it to me. Obviously, there'd be a steep price...cost of the loco itself plus the paintjob, which would mostly be handled by a computer or machine anyway.

Same for rolling stock. Wondering if anyone out there knows of such a company.

SteamGene

There are plenty of custom painters for locomotives.  Check any model railroading magazine and you'll find plenty.  You can probably find quite a few if you contact your local NMRA division.   There are also makers of custom railroad decals - Rail Graphics is one. 
If you have a large car order,  Accurail will decorate cars, as will Bowser and a few other companies in HO.
By "G-series," do you mean G Scale? 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Big Sol

Jake

Yes, as gene said there are plenty of them. Like athearn for example.
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

jayl1

Bowser will, as mentioned,  do special runs.  However they have a rather large minimum order.

There are also companies that make special run decals so you can paint & decal your own equipment.

Paul M.

Athearn'll also paint them , but again, they have a big minimum order.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

r.cprmier

There is a guy or two on this forum who will possibly do it for you.  Check the forum for pics of their efforts.  I am sure you will agree, they are very good!
Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!