News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Train Id

Started by DBirk, November 08, 2012, 07:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBirk

I have a Bachmann HO train set in the box call Bachmann 5 The Pioneer the engine is green Burlinton Northern, 9710. I have looked all over on line and can not frind this set has anyone got informaiton on this set, as to age, value, any info would be good, like I said I looked on Ebay, and in the photos of Bachmann train sets and do not see this set. thanks

JerryB

I can't help you with information specific to your set, but can offer the following:

First, the "5" that you see is not a 5 at all. It is a stylized B (as in Bachmann. Take a look at the Bachmann logo at the top of this page.

As to value, old train sets are in general not very valuable. Train sets are mass produced and contain the simplest, cheapest engines and cars in order to keep the initial cost low. Also, there is continuing development of model train technology, with more recent releases having improved motors, gears, power supplies and detail.

Next, I don't understand why you can't find any information about this set. I typed "Bachmann Trains The Pioneer Burlington Northern 9710 Set" into Google and received over 5400 returns. Looking only at the first page, I see that virtually every hit is directly on subject, with most of them being ebay ads. If you are looking for value, look at the closed ebay auctions rather than the asking prices.

You can find Google at www.google.com.

Hope this helps, & Happy RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

DBirk

Thank you Jerry for your info, never did put it in using the info like you stated will do that now thanks