News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Devious Diesel face

Started by dctodcc, October 02, 2012, 11:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dctodcc

I want to buy a Devious Diesel, but I am very unhappy with the friendly smiley face. I don't necessary am looking for a mean evil look, but at least a smirk. Is there a change coming in the product or is there a way to buy a replacement face?
Is there anything I can do?

thomasj219

You can of course replace a face. I'm not site what brand will fit on the model but I sincerely doubt there is a change coming. So you'll either have to modify it yourself or deal with a kinder gentler Diesel. I wish it wasn't so but alas...
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

donaldthescottishtwin

The Hornby face would fit but the Hornby face is more of a rectangle than a Sqaure but should look alright.

thomasj219

You'd have to deal with the eyes as well.

Calebtrain

I used paint to slightly alter the eyebrows in a more downward position. Worked wonders.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

thomasj219

You should post a pic. I'd love to see.

ShadowMonk

Hi all,

Please forgive me for bringing life to this old topic, but I am also wanting some advice regards the face.

I am planning to replace it, and I am wondering how is the best way to get around removing the face without damaging and scratching the body of the loco?

Cirkit:)

If you want to change his face to look more devious, perhaps all you need to do is change the eyebrows somehow, like Calebtrain did.  I am pretty sure that size-wise the "Red-Box Company's" Diesel face will not fit on the Bachmann Diesel or completely fill the space left from the original face. If you want to replace the face, perhaps some plasticard cut to fit over the hole and painted black might work. Then, you could glue whatever face on there you want!

I know of a modeler who did, and it worked out rather well I think. 

ShadowMonk

Hi Cirkit :)

Thanks for the advice, that is a good idea. I have measured the Red-Box face and the height is slightly shorted width, so you are right it may not cover the original space. I will see what happens when the model arrives, but in the end I may end up leaving it as I am not even a beginner at custom made models and I would not want to ruin anything :)

Cirkit:)

Well, either way you go, I wish you luck with the face. :)

I think the user I mentioned is called Stepney the Bluebell Engine on here? I'm not sure.
He'd be the right guy to ask more about that particular method.