News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

changing coupler

Started by dswieton, December 17, 2012, 10:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dswieton

I need to changer the coupler on my tender to accomodate the rest of the passenger cars on my trainset.  Is there someplace I can find this information?

richg

Quote from: dswieton on December 17, 2012, 10:49:42 AM
I need to changer the coupler on my tender to accomodate the rest of the passenger cars on my trainset.  Is there someplace I can find this information?

Look in the below link. You will find all kinds of info on N scale couplers and some for Bachmann N scale.

http://tinyurl.com/ca4ybuv

I do not use N scale so I suggest you look though the various links. Save the links you like to Favorites for future use.

Rich

Mark.S+10

Dswieton,

You didn't say what engine you have, but most of the Bachmann couplers can be changed out with Micro Trains 1133 coupler conversion kit.  You can go the the Micro Trains website and download the conversion PDF file.  You also didn't say what type of coupler is on your cars.  If it is the older Rapido type coupler, a conversion coupler is still included in most Bachmann engines. 

Have fun, Mark

James in FL

Does anybody know if the new Bachmann automatic knuckle couplers are backward compatible and a drop in replacement for all Bachmann rolling stock (rapido, dummy knuckle) coupler boxes?
Enquiring minds want to know.

Mt's are a replacement option, as are Unimates.
I have not tried a McHenry in a Bachmann box, which may also be a viable option.

skipgear

The new couplers are a screw mount and won't retrofit into a T-shank coupler box. Somebody really needs to make a coupler to solve that problem. I had originally hoped McHenry would as they were the first to make this style coupler that didn't need any mechanism at the pivot point, but they didn't take them any farther. Maybe Bachmann could do this.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950