News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Shorty Wagons

Started by Linzthom, November 14, 2012, 01:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

st albans simon

got the box wagons last week , went back to tower models for the flats (sold out) so I ordered the lower gondoliers very nice ,today the tankers turned up ........well they are great, they look superb now all I need to do is build a layout  ;D ;D

Burlington Route

I bought a pair from "favoritespot" on ebay and got them last week...very nice! I was eyeballing these and the kits from Boulder valley, but went with the bachmanns since they were complete - BV's don't have trucks and couplers as part of the car kit - I wanted ready rolling. Anyone spy the "optional doors" on the r/h side of the foam...."framed doors"...there's a paper in with those doors on how to install them.
Ya gotta love Bachmann for once again giving us options for the On30 offerings they have out....heck, I just found there's an optional snow plow for my railbus last week...guess I didn't dig enough when I 1st got it!

Anyone want pics of the lil boxcars...theres some on the web, but I'd be happy to post some here if anyone would like...

Royce Wilson

Photos are always welcome!...some of don't have ours yet and plan on doing so and give us someting to dream about.
I am modeling a small mining road in Colorado so the short gondols are perfect for me.

Thanks
Royce

Royce Wilson

I am in process of cutting a Bachmann combine down to 20' to add to these.Also don't forget that Keith Wiseman sell 18' old Yorke freight cars that will go well with these.He has a cattle car and a box car that looks more south of the border.
How about a inside frame 4-4-0 pulling these?

Royce

Burlington Route

Royce, give me alittle bit and I'll post some pics for us...and I'd lean more towards outside frame engines, but that's always been my liking.

Burlington Route

Wonderful- a new photobucket format to relearn...anyway, here's some pics of the 18' boxcar...yell if you want some other kind of angle taken and I'll do it.
-bottom end detail

-roof

-floor has a wash or something on it...nice

-car end...no, I didn't add the brake wheel yet, that's why it's not there.

...the optional doors are shown in the last pic.

Lemurien

Royce Wilson

I plan on picking up these and thanks for posting the photos. I have a Bachmann combine that I shorten to 20' and used Keith Wisemans caboose step and tarpaper roof the cover the cut lines.It turned out very nice and I will try to post some photos. The reason I mentioned the IF 4-4-0 is I am looking for a small main line 30" engine and this just seems to foot the bill. Thanks!

Royce Wilson

Burlington Route

Hey, no problem with the pics. I'm really thinking about one of BVM's work cars for a rotary...there's a nice litle snow plow bash someone showed one of BVM's outside braced boxcars....I like that too! 

Royce Wilson

In one of the older Gazettes there was a article by Mallory H Ferrell about a snow plow.It ,I think for a lumber operation in California.It was gas powered and the rotary he used look like a HO used piece. the moving rotary gears were exposed and the only housing covered the gas engine..this begs for On30.

Royce

Royce Wilson

Also,the Colorado Central had some short box cars that had a brake wheel and each end giving them a neat look. ;D

Royce

NarrowMinded

I can't wait to get some of these to pull behind the forney I bashed into a 2-4-0.

Thanks for posting the pic's

NM-Jeff

Burlington Route

Quote from: NarrowMinded on January 06, 2013, 10:21:00 PM
I can't wait to get some of these to pull behind the forney I bashed into a 2-4-0.

Thanks for posting the pic's

NM-Jeff
Absolutely no problem - how about posting pics on site of that 2-4-0 conversion...or did I miss it?
Now to head over to my table and start cutting sheet stock for my On30 diesel bash...

NarrowMinded

Here's a picture during the bash, I used the coalbunker/tank to bash the tender. I can't seem to find the finshed pic's, I'll look around for them.

I really want to get the slope back tender kit for this to finish it like I saw in the on30 Gazzette

NM-Jeff

Royce Wilson

I really like that 2-4-0 that you bashed..I think I will try one myself.

Thanks

Royce