News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Photographic Ills

Started by jonathan, November 17, 2012, 11:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan

A little askew from the norm...  Is anyone else having real problems with photobucket?

It's a train related question because this is where I keep all my railroad photography.  However, I can only access my homepage at this time.

Can't contact photobucket.  None of the buttons work.  Is it me, or is it real?

Regards,

Jonathan

mf5117

I do know they changed up their web site . once I figured out how to re-navigate around it . pain in the behind

richg

Yes they are messing with the users again.
Many with Internet Explorer are having issues I saw last night at Trains.com site.
I was just on again but  I use Firefox 16.0.2 so no issues.
Remember, failure is not an option, it comes bundled with Windows.
Download Firefox and let your PC use IE for updates. Not a big deal. My stepson and I have done that with Vista and W7.

Rich

Jerrys HO

jonathan

Like rich said took a little time learning the new setup then saw where I could revert back to the classic view. I went back but it's still not the same. I have posted pics just recently under bridges and ez track and all worked fine.
By the way your lights on your bridge are awesome. I just installed the Atlas 18' bridge like that now you have me wanting lights.
When you figure out what's wrong how bout posting some night shot's of the bridge lights.

Jerry

jward

will it work with google chrome?
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

richg

No idea on what others are seeing.
Below is what I see. I just enter name and password. Hit the Enter key. Then I click on Albums. OK. PB is slower than it use to be.

Rich

richg

jward

Quote from: richg on November 17, 2012, 06:14:55 PM
Quote from: jward on November 17, 2012, 06:08:34 PM
will it work with google chrome?

Try it.

Rich

i am happy to report that it works with google chrome as well.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

jonathan

Well, thanks guys.  I have been messing with the site all day.  I can login.  I can upload photos with the new auto desktop feature.  However, I cannot look at my own pics, nor get any of the tabs or buttons to work.

I followed all the online advice available, to no avail.  Oh well.  I'll keep trying.  I suppose I could always start a flickr account if photobucket becomes totally unusable.

Thanks, again.

Regards,

Jonathan

Jerrys HO

richg

after you log in, I went to the home tab and they had a tag to make that your starting page. Did not know if you saw that or not. I tried the new look and was not happy with the changes so I went back to the original look.

jonathan
didn't you have problems one other time with photobucket? I seem to recall you having troubles.

Jerry

jonathan

Only previous trouble I had was the initial setup.  Yampa Bob and others were very helpful getting me going.

I have tried everything that is recommended on line.  Tried sending an email to photobucket.  I get their "robot" response machine.  I followed the robot's advice.  Still can't access my photos.

Been trying to get back to the original look as well.  I been able to post photos exactly once since photobucket went to the new look.  Me no like.

Perhaps someone here could click on my link on the bottom of my posts and see if anything pops, specifically, photos?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jonathan

jonathan

Thanks, Jerry.

Then it must be some incorrect setup I have on my Internet Explorer.  If I can't figure it out, I may have to start up with Firefox as previously suggested.  Thanks again.

Regards,

Jonathan

jonathan

Well, I broke down and installed Firefox.  Now I can access my photobucket account.  Thanks for the tip, Rich.  There must be an issue with Internet Explorer 9, which recently loaded as an update.

Now I can get back to playing with trains and pictures.  Thanks again!

Regards,

Jonathan

richg

I just went to PB again and they have all kinds of stuff to entice you.

Typed in my name and password.

Hit the Enter key on my PC.
I clicked on Albums at the top of the page and I am into my photos like usual. I ignore all the other junk.
Again, PB is trying to entice you to use all the other options.

Rich