News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How to Get a User Guide or Manual

Started by Rebskipper, November 18, 2012, 12:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebskipper

I recently purchased a Spectrum 4-6-0 MD and PA steam loco - DCC with Sound.........I realized no manual was included in the box.  Can anyone suggest how I can get a user guide or manual....eg., with a list of functions, etc.  Cant seem to find the right area on the Bachmann site to get one.
thanks in advance

richg

Welcome. I figure you are new here. Look in the Parts, Service and Information page. It is right there. You can easily download the document to your PC.
Also, spends some time looking through all the Bachmann site as there is a lot of useful info about Bachmann products that many new people miss.

Rich

Rebskipper

Got it.  Thanks for helping a newbie Rich
regards
Howard

richg

Try to remember that there are differences between many of the Bachmann locos, sound and non sound or what are sometimes called, DCC on board. You must have seen the Value added versions.

One complaint I hear every so often in a couple other forums is that a particular whistle is not accurate for the particular road version.

No idea your experience with DCC locos, but don't make assumptions when looking to buy a particular loco. Bachmann does list the sounds a loco has and may not be the same sounds in a SoundTraxx decoder you buy and install yourself. A few have made that error and tried to blame Bachmann.
I have the 4-6-0 with on board sound and the 4-6-0 that I installed my own Tsunami into. The CV list for both are clear on this issue.
It may not be important to you but there is no cam option for the on board sound like the decoder you buy yourself. A few have missed that also.

Rich