Main Menu

Celebrity Model Railroaders

Started by BillD53A, August 07, 2007, 04:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIG BEAR

Hi all,
   TM Books & Videos has DVD's  "Celebrity Train Layouts"   Frank Sinatra,
Tom Snyder, & Mandy Patinkin. I also really like their Christmas Train DVD's,
& The Great Train Story, about the new layout at Chicago Museum of Science & Industry.

Enjoy,
                  Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

Woody Elmore

Neil Young was a partner in one of the resurrections of the Lionel Company. I don't think he is still involved.

He has an autistic son and claimed that working on a train layout had helped his son.

BIG BEAR

Michael Gross did several commercials for "Operation Lifesaver",
a childrens awareness program for safety around trains & tracks. in one he stated his Father & Grandfather and he himself,while in college, worked for a railroad.

www.oli.org

Enjoy,
        Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

Jim Banner

Gary Coleman also comes to mind.

But how many of these celebrities are model train collectors as opposed to model railroad builders?
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

pdlethbridge

If I'm not mistaken, Ned Jarrett, the auto racer, has a beautiful layout that was photographed and written about in MR.

nscaler711

What about Mr. Roger's "layout" (ya know Mr. Roger's Neighborhood)
He had a G-scale trolley runnin all the time.
PVT Austin
MO Army National Guard
91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic

brad

Former race car driver and race commentator Sam Posey has a beautiful steam era layout. I have an MRCfrom the 80's with Gary Coleman on the cover, he worked at Caboose Hobbies part time.

brad
I drempt, I planned, I'm building

dave2-8-0

Add Sally Jessie Raphyal(sp?) to the list...she's into z scale..

Dave
New Mexico Northern Rail Road

wade

Gary Coleman... You can't mention Johny Cash or Niel Young enough....but then there was Jerry Garcia - Yeeee Haaaa !!!!! Drive'n that train.....   
Wade

RAM

Richard  Nixon the thirty-seventh President of the United States.  He may have never been a model railroader, but he was a rail fan. 

Great Western

The late Hughie Green, who if I remember correctly, was Canadian by birth had a noted model railroad which I think was OO scale.

He was noted for a programme called "Opportunity Knocks" in the UK - a form of talent show.
Best wishes,    Alan

r.cprmier

Richard  Nixon the thirty-seventh President of the United States.  He may have never been a model railroader, but he was a rail fan.

Richard Nixon's father was a motorman; I forget where, but he did operate trolleys (streetcars) in California somewhere; so an early influence was probably what contributed to Nixon's love of trains.

Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Bodie Bailey

Nixon Trolleys in Whittier Ca, it's where he grew up. My home town.

Bodie Bailey
Bodie Bailey
"If you can't find it make it"

oldline1

Rod Stewart is an HO modeler and collector.

Bob Keshan (sp?) alias Captain Kangaroo was a modeler or railfan.

Spencer Christian is a railfan and I believe a modeler and narrated/hosted a series of train videos.

Roger