News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-6-6-2 Saddle Tank

Started by RickTay, November 18, 2012, 08:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickTay

About a month ago I bought a new Bachmann 2-6-6-2 Saddle Tank. I've installed the AristoCraft Revolution Remote Control Receiver and now have the Phoenix P8 Sound system to connect. I have everything connected except the Chuff sound. I've seen the article with the 2n2222 transitor circuit for the K27 Chuff.... But, how do I connect the to the Chuff sensor of the 2-6-6-2?  Anybody know???
Thanks
Rick

StanAmes

Quote from: RickTay on November 18, 2012, 08:03:39 PM
About a month ago I bought a new Bachmann 2-6-6-2 Saddle Tank. I've installed the AristoCraft Revolution Remote Control Receiver and now have the Phoenix P8 Sound system to connect. I have everything connected except the Chuff sound. I've seen the article with the 2n2222 transitor circuit for the K27 Chuff.... But, how do I connect the to the Chuff sensor of the 2-6-6-2?  Anybody know???
Thanks
Rick

Only the K27 needed the transistor to connect to the Phoenix.  For the 2-6-6-2 simply connect the power and signal connections and then connect the Phoenix chuff input to one of the 2-6-6-2 chuff outputs.

For a neat effect use a relay to connect the second 2-6-6-2 chuff output to a second Phoenix chuff input and use a revolution function to activate the relay

When starting up activate the relay and you get all four cylinders in simple mode.  When you get to faster speed turn off the relay and get the compound sound.

Hope that helps.

Stan Ames

RickTay

That helps a lot. I'll try the relay. That sounds like a very cool effect.

Also: it finaly dawned on me that the J1 connector the manual is talking about is the J1 on the "edge" of the Bachmann board, not the J1 that is in the middle of the board that the Aristo Revo board plugs into. I was not wanting to solder to the Aristo board.

The chuff is working good.