News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann reversing track

Started by johngagliardo, November 20, 2012, 01:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johngagliardo

I want to attach the track to a shelf.  The track has no nail holes and has wireing down the center. How do I mount the track so that it stays in place?

ChrisS

double side tape would work easily and cheaply...
a light bead of white glue, caulking, or a hot glue gun would also do it... my entire layout is glued down.. 14' x 22'

Anubis

I have had no experience with the Bachmann reversing track, but there are a couple of possible ways to secure your track to a baseboard.

If you must use nails (aka track pins), you can always drill appropriate sized holes in the sleepers, offset from the centre wire. Remember not to drive the pins in too far, as you run the risk of deforming the sleepers and this in turn could affect the gauge, and hamper good running.

A better method would be to simply glue the track down to the baseboard. This can be as temporary or as permanent as you wish. You can use ordinary white glue, or for a better bond, a good contact adhesive can also do the job.

Either way, the track can then be weathered and ballasted, which will also serve to hold it in position.

Hope this helps.

John

:)
There is no such thing as a Part Time Obsession

johngagliardo