News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

More locomotives for Bachmann to consider!

Started by Kevin S., November 22, 2012, 08:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin S.

This tiny 2-6-0 ran on the Argent Lumber Company. #3 still exists today, I just cannot recall where she resides now. Great prototype begging to be produced. Flying Zoo produced this locomotive in brass years ago but you cannot find one anywhere.

Argent #6 resides and runs at the Mid-West Central at the Steam Thresher's museum. Another locomotive begging to be produced. I have to think it would sell well with On3 modelers who don't model the Rio Grande. Began its life on the New Berlin & Winfield before heading south.

Finally, while standard gauge, this "giant critter" would probably do well with the guys who love the Porter's Bachmann has produced thus far. Vulcan built this 2-4-0. Love the cabbage stack!

the Bach-man

Dear Kevin,
Nice photos, but you should credit the source:

taplines.net

It's a great site for modeling ideas!
Thanks!
the Bach-man

glennk28

There is a 3' gauge Porter 2-6-0 at Nevada City, CA--
Glenn Joesten

Royce Wilson

Why not put a 2-6-0 under that IF 4-4-0 and call it a Porter mogul,would that work?

Royce

BKJ

I would love a 2-4-0 like in the picture above!

Kernow

Quote from: BKJ on November 28, 2013, 07:47:44 PM
I would love a 2-4-0 like in the picture above!

Should be easy enough to do by chopping the rear off the Forney, some detail parts and a suitable tender, shortened 2-6-0 tender would look good, or the inside frame tender but I really like the look of the stubby tender.

If you look closely the tender appears to have odd trucks on it !