First cold weekend, playing in the basement!!

Started by Cobrabob8, November 24, 2012, 10:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobrabob8

Well, it's cold outside. I have to put the Mustang away for the Winter. You know what that means? FULL-TIME TOY TRAIN SEASON!!!! :o ;D ;
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

Cobrabob8

Here is my Pennsylvania Railroad small Hudson from Williams by Bachmann rolling out of the tunnel and onto the bridges over Deer Creek.

Cobrabob. ;D

Cobrabob8

In my opinion my WbB small Hudson is an extremely nice locomotive. It runs great and looks awesome. I like the traditional sized and featured locomotives and I especially like the large die-cast tender with this locomotive!
Cobrabob.

Cobrabob8

In this photo my Pennsy Alco from Williams have just croosed the arch bridge and have taven the switch track to go through the busy junction as my ancient 675 steamer from Lionel (1949) waits.
Cobrabob

And in this photo two Pennsy units are meeting on the arch bridges, a eastbound freight and a westbound passenger train.

DominicMazoch

I'm planning to take a W/WBB diesel to run at Houston Tinplate on sunday!

Cobrabob8

Great idea Dominic, have a great day there!! More cold weather, more fun!!!!
Cobrabob.

My Williams Baltimore & Ohio NW-2 pulling a long string of large coal hoppers. :o

M1FredQ

Cobra

where did those bridges come from??

The layout is coming along really nice!!!!!!!!1

Cobrabob8

The arch under bridges are from Lionel. I have four of them on the layout.
Cobrabob.
Here is an aerial view of my layout.

coolwaldo

Cobrabob : Your layout is looking good. coolwaldo
Be happy. Play with your trains.

Hi Cobrabob,

Your layout looks great! I see a lot of exposed bare wood. If you are going to put "grass" in those areas, here is an idea.
          McMaster Carr is an on line catalogue. Take a look at...'Sweeping Compound'. item # 7264T15. This is a green colored Woodfiber and Wax product.
          I used it this year on our building's public train layout display. It is a green fluffy product similar to what you buy in the hobby shops for $10-$15 a pound.
          You can buy a 50 lbs. container for $43.14.. That will easily cover all of your bare spots. You will have enough left over to use as a sweeping compound. I.E. garage floor, concrete floors, etc.
          I installed/applied this product by using a heavy coating of lighter/ medium brown latex paint, and then sprinkled the compound over the paint to adhere it to the train table.
          It looked great! The light wax smell dissipated within a day or two. I then sprinkled some decorative snow flakes to complete the winter scene.
          The green looked great, and it is cheap !!!!

Go Green...671

M1FredQ

Cobra

Thanks so very much for the birds eye view of your lay-out. No doubt it is really nice!!!

I like the 2 levels with bridges !!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!

Keep us posted

M1FredQ

I didn't think much about the Shark Nosed Diesels until I had seen you post the pictures

on your layout now i think I would like to add a set to our collection one of these days

Thanks again. They look great with the steamers!!!

Cobrabob8

I had always wanted an A-B-A set of Baldwin RF-16 Sharks. Especially in the Pennsy freight colors. Now I am kicking around the thought of picking up another B unit! I think an A-B-B-A lash-up would look impressive!!! ;D
Cobrabob.

Cobrabob8

I have been doing a little more work on the layout the last couple of days. I have started building my tunnel first and then the mountain over it. Kind of backwards from the prototype, LOL. The mountain came first and then the tunnel in the real world. I want my tunnels to be lined. In my opiniom nothing ruins a nice mountain more than a tunnel that shows that the mountain is hollow when you look into a tunnel portal.
Cobrabob.

r0gruth

Cobra,

You don't need to line the whle tunnel unless you can look in one portal and see out the other.
If it is curved do only a little further than you can see.
Roger