News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann HO 0-6-0 to On30 conversion

Started by #94, November 25, 2012, 06:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I want to take a step back and convert an HO locomotive to On30. I have done some search but can't find as much on the topic as there was just a few years ago. I want this to be a fun project. Has anyone seen any good step by step tutorials on the web? Has anyone done one they could share pictures of. I figure to change cab, stack, headlight. Then eventually a larger bell, domes etc.

Kevin S.

Try the Yahoo On30 Kitbash group. The members of this group "bash" everything and the 0-6-0 conversion is a fairly common one for them.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/On30_Kitbashing/?yguid=324026507

Good ideas, I am considering using cab, stack, headlight and bell from a dead porter. Anything that I can hacksaw, I mean Razor Saw and glue works for me. The HO 0-6-0 is such a good running loco I just have to put one on my On30 "Allegan & Lake Shore R.R." even though in reality they used just a T-Boiler Shay which I have one of Bachmann's already backdated.

dto

Hmm... I wonder if the Bachmann ALCO 2-6-0 could fit under the Bachwoods Miniatures bodies, too?  Probably needs a tender to carry the DCC and sound electronics, but I think that ALCO Mogul might also be a good starting point for an On30 conversion.