News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas Memories

Started by Mulfred, November 27, 2012, 06:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulfred

I as I'm sure you all do to have a lot of fond memories of thomas growing up and even now. Here are two of mine

My dad recorded Season 3 of thomas on a tape when I was growning up, it was in a grey box and I would call it the grey tape lol. Another fond memory I had was when I was 3 I had for go to the eye infirmary to get something done to my eyes when I returned home there on the table was Ertl Donald and Douglas. I love that day so much,

What's your memories? Weather it be fave episodes, getting an engine or something else. feel free to share :) 

StephOfTheEast

A marvellous idea for a thread.

I was three when my grandfather took me to see Thomas and The Magic Railroad at the cinemas. I distinctly recall being incredibly frightened of Diesel 10, but if you ask my grandfather he will tell you that he was much more scared than me and that I had to hold him.  :D

Another thing I hold dear is Season 6. If it weren't for my recorded tape of that season it is unlikely I would have remained a Thomas fan through the few years it was taken off air in my country and I wouldn't be typing this now. I'd have a lot more money, but a lot less trains.  ;)

Looking forward to hearing what others have to say!

branmas

I remember this time when I was younger, I went to the Doctors for something, and there was a bunch of ERTL trains there. It was fun playing with them.

And one of my fondest memories, anytime I hear that classic openning theme. Just love it.

Anthony P2

one of my fondest memories was watching reruns of Shining Time Station in the mid 90s then watching season 5 of Thomas in the late 90s while my grandparents babysat me during the day. then one year for Christmas i got a train table for all the wooden trains i had. I remember when I went to go see TATMRR with my mom, dad, and grandmom. then for a while it went off the air. then i find out about season 6. if it wasn't for the relaunch of season 6 i wouldn't be the fan of Thomas i am today.

SodorAdventures

Hmm, Most memorable memory as a child was going to Lancaster Pennsylvania to see the life size Thomas, for the first. It is called Day out with Thomas. I saw it last year and was not the same. It was much smaller then, but more festive at the same time. I remember playing with all the small wooden models for hours on end, and then finally boarding Thomas for my journey in the countryside.
To this day, my family and I return there each year because because we have grown to love the small villages of Strasburg and Intercourse, PA.

Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

DinoNTrains

Favorite/best Thomas memories? Hmmmm.... I would say maybe watching the Classic Series on VHS with my parent when I was little. And to this day, we still praise great narration of George Carlin.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

thomasforever1

I rember when I was five my grandparents took me to day out with thomas in california and I thought percy was a girl until like season 5

StephOfTheEast

Quote from: thomasforever1 on November 27, 2012, 09:07:04 PM
I thought percy was a girl until like season 5

An easy mistake...  ::)

Mulfred

When Stepney was released by ertl I hadn't seen any episodes with him in and I made same kind of mistake calling him Stephanie, but do think next female engine should be called Stephanie could even be from the east ;)

StephOfTheEast

Quote from: Mulfred on November 28, 2012, 04:23:54 AM
When Stepney was released by ertl I hadn't seen any episodes with him in and I made same kind of mistake calling him Stephanie, but do think next female engine should be called Stephanie could even be from the east ;)

Tehehe  :D

Mulfred

Season 6 also appears to be a season held close to most. One question what episode got you all hooked on that season. think for me its the fogman

jettrainfan

I'd have to say either building wooden layouts (I'm talking full room sized ones, not a dinky 10 foot by 10 foot  ;D) or Day Out With Thomas. Back when the live steamer came to the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad was when it was the best. For recent times, probably running an ho scale bachmann Thomas in front of my trains at club open houses. He's always leading a freight train with the help of a bachmann FA-2 and a bachmann S4. Maybe I'll try steam with Thomas at the April open House, That'll make it easier for the kids to decide whats the most popular train running.  ;D

Always competing with a Walthers warbonnet F7A-B-B-A set that a club member brings....  ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

jward

mine was watching shining time station and being amazed at how close to actual railroad practice the stories in the early seasons were. it was obvious to me that unlike most childrens book writers, rev awdry actually knew what he was talking about when it came to railroads.

unfortunately, in later seasons, the series became written by the writers of childrens books, who had no clue what a railroad did .
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

StephOfTheEast

Quote from: Mulfred on November 29, 2012, 06:16:13 AM
Season 6 also appears to be a season held close to most. One question what episode got you all hooked on that season. think for me its the fogman

I'd have to say Twin Trouble.

Anthony P2

Quote from: Mulfred on November 29, 2012, 06:16:13 AM

mine was Thomas and the Jet Engine